[HOWTO] Jailbreak the 32GB iPod Touch (iJailbreakMobile method)

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by Mindfield, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Since there have been some questions as to the easiest and most effective way to jailbreak the 32-gig Touch, I just did it myself and wrote up an article covering each step that I took. Following these steps to the letter should allow you to downgrade your firmware to 1.1.1 using DFU mode, jailbreak, then upgrade and jailbreak directly to 1.1.3 with all January apps and features installed -- running stable with no issues (that I have found yet).

Tutorial

Remember: Follow them exactly as they are written to the last letter and you should have no problems. Theoretically this should work on any iPod Touch, but I can tell you right now that it worked flawlessly on the 32 gig.
  2. kanadian kevin

kanadian kevin New Member

Very cool! I may give this tutorial a go with my 8GB and see if it works as easily! Thanks for sharing it!

If I might make a suggestion, though, you may want to consider adding the URLs where people can download the various files they'll need in order to complete the procedure successfully. Yes I know they're posted all over hell's half acre but it doesn't hurt to have links on the procedure itself so as to prevent the inevitable flood of "where do I get the 1.1.1 firmware" type questions.
  3. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Yes -- that was me being lazy, actually. I've now included a download link to the 1.1.1 ipsw, thanks for the suggestion.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Turbobrik

Turbobrik New Member

this method is based off of the ziphone method. So I'm assuming this is a full jailbreak and not a soft upgrade?
  5. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Yes, full jailbreak. It works off the firmware restore package directly from Apple.
  6. efrenf722

efrenf722 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I followed the exact same procedures when I jailbroke my 32Gb ipod. The only problem I encountered was that my Mail app was not saving my password... but it was easily fixed once I downloaded a special app. on the installer. Other then that it works 100%.
  7. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Thanks for reminding me -- I forgot to add the mail fix to the tutorial. I just did so.
  8. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

So if this works on 32gb, how does it not work on 16gb?

I thought 32gb and 16gb had the same problem with this method

EDIT: my bad, didnt realise it was different from the ZiPhone
  9. steveo3

steveo3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    if i get 100 dollars more im takin mine back and getin 32gb
  10. MikeMiranda

MikeMiranda New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    awesome thank this worked for me