Howto draw massive attention/traffic to your site?

Discussion in 'Mobile Web Development' started by SiXAXiS, Jan 3, 2009.

1. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I really cant see how site become so huge, like iPTF. I have just recently made my own site, but i cant seem to draw attention or traffic to it. I really sont have any money, and i submitted it to search engines, but nothing in working. Its been sitting for about 2 weeks, no guests.

I even posted some vids about it on youtube, but it doesn't work

Whats the SECRET???
  2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This site became so huge in September when the first iPod touch (And this site) came out, as it claimed to have the first iPod touch jailbreak. Which of course, wasn't out yet.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Tell your friends, keep posting it everywhere your allowed to (Reminder: not allowed to post here without approval).
  3. justinede

justinede Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well, you need proper SEO. By just submitting it to search engines doesn't mean that they are going to like your site. You have to format things the proper way that GOOGLE likes it. You need to tag everything with relevant tags. Read this: http://www.jimwestergren.com/my-guide-to-seo-and-success/

It takes a lot of work, but its worth it. Also, submit your site to Stumble Upon.
  4. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What is your site about. Maybe I can help.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    What type of website is it? A blog? Forum? Static?
    It's hard for us to help without knowing any details.
  6. Germany

Germany Banned

Advertising it a lot usually helps draw traffic. If it has new, original, or popular content, that also helps. What type of site is this by the way? It would definitely be helpful to know that.
  7. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Tell a bunch of friends.
    If they like it, they'll tell their friends... etc.
  8. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If it is like a wiki or something, I could get a webapp on Cydia for it.
  9. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Also, if you're using a free subdomain such as .cc, .weebly.com, .freewebs.com, then you won't get much traffic towards your site because that automatically is a turn off to your site. When people see those types of domains they assume the site isn't good and is just a free domain.

So if you haven't registered a domain such as .com, .co.uk, or .ca depending on where you live then I would recommend doing that first before you try to advertise/attract people to your site. It's also a shorter domain name which makes it easier to remember.

Also, iPod touch Fans became so popular because it's really the only iPod touch forum that's been a success so far. When people first got their iPod touch, they found out about jailbreaking and likely went to google to search around for it. A few thread titles pop up in google and here you are - iPod touch Fans.

After so much time, we continue to post threads about many different topics and now when people type in anything about the iPod touch, a lot of times iPod touch Fans is right up there in the google search results.

Here's some other tips to help get your site popular:

- Add tags/keywords to your website that Google picks up.

- Have a professional design; good graphics really helps. There are many experts in the Photoshop area that could help you out. Try joining Photoshop forums and there are often requests section. The people actually like requests because they can show off their work and improve themselves too.

- Post your website/articles/content on http://www.digg.com

- Add your website to your email signature so that all emails you send have the URL below it.

- Keep your website updated so that there is new content for the viewers

- Advertise on other websites (of course, that allow it) (not here)
  10. blackjak231

blackjak231 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    All those tips are going to help me too! thanks for asking that question!