HOWTO: 1.1.3 JB direct upgrade from 1.1.1

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Noda, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Noda

Noda New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi everybody.

Since me (and some others AFAIK) can't apply the 1.1.2 update due to the infamous "error 1602", here is a quick guide of what I've done on my ipod to go directly to 1.1.3 from 1.1.1 JB:

-downgrade to 1.1.1
    -go to http://jailbreakme.com and install JB

now you should have a jailbroken 1.1.1.

-Go into installer, then install System/BSD subsystem then OpenSSH
    -Hard reboot (shut down you ipod by holding power then restart it)
    -Using WinSCP (or what you want), go to /System/Library/CoreServices then edit the file "SystemVersion.plist". in this file, change 1.1.1 to 1.1.2.
    -now go into installer, then install the official 1.1.3-3 app to soft upgrade to 1.1.3
    -launch the soft upgrade app and wait! (note that it is safer to choose the option which erase everything, as we're upgrading from 1.1.1)

I tested last night, it works fine, though I've read in the previous pc version readme that upgrading from 1.1.1 may cause problems with DRM/Nikita, but I don't have any DRM'ed files to test so I can't say if it's true. Besides this potential issue, everything seems to work nice.

For those like me with the redundant "error 1602" problem it may be a solution, while waiting the true 1.1.3 jailbreak which will be released after the official SDK.
  2. catalystatl

catalystatl New Member

This looks like it worked, but then when I tried to reboot after loading summerboard I never got past the apple screen... I guess summerboard doesnt work with 1.1.3?
  3. toxic666

toxic666 New Member

DRM'ed files do not work when you upgrade from 1.1.1.

I tried this myself and its true: DRM'ed files do not work when you upgrade from 1.1.1.
    What that means? Well if you bought music from iTunes Store you will not be able to listen to them!
  4. mbp

mbp New Member

gonna give it a shot, i already managed to get 1.1.3 jb through 111 and 112 but it was somehow still messy...
    and right now i can't get past 112...
    so this might help, thanks