how's your typing on the touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dpople, Oct 8, 2007.

1. dpople

dpople New Member

hey guys. Just thought i might start a discussion on typing on everyones favourite pmp, the ipod touch.

So how would you say your typing is going? Do you need to use the auto correct much? How many words per minute can you manage?

I personally started out hating it and only managing one finger typing at about 10wpm (yes, that bad!) but now i can manage two thumb aprox 40-50wpm after about 3 days practise and i barely need an auto correct.

And in case you were wondering, i have huge thumbs so im quite surprised how accurate i now am!

And yes this post was done on my Touch
  2. jason724

jason724 New Member

Yeah, I gota say. I HATED the typing the first hour or so of using my touch. But since then... it's been smooth sailing.
  3. happyman696

happyman696 New Member

I love typing on the touch. WAY better than any keypad on other devices i.e. cellphones.
    Still not exactly used to it.
  4. nightspwnx

nightspwnx Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The typing isn't to bad its much better then using my cellohone
  5. Antimatter

Antimatter New Member

The most I can crank out is about 35 wpm right now, but it will improve over time. It's really easy to two thumb web browse too. Instead of pinching with your fingers, pinch with your two thumbs to zoom in and out. A lot easier.
  6. jason724

jason724 New Member

I agree 110%
  7. iceman5008

iceman5008 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    i find it especially easy to type landscape in browser, two thumbing is great. sometimes i have to over aim to touch the right key but it isn't too bothersome
  8. dpople

dpople New Member

Has anyone else noticed that occasionally the auto correct sugestions will stop popping up all of a sudden
  9. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

yep, especially when im typing on this site. pages need to include HTML code to tell the keyboard wheter or not to allow suggestions.

the developer center for apples safari mobile has tons of useful stuff on the topic

i am now doing between 25 - 40 WPM in portrait

http://developer.apple.com/iphone/designingcontent.html
  10. floydfix

floydfix New Member

Gotta love the app that tells you how fast you are typing! 47wpm for me! I am a two thumb wiZard! Thank Steve for landscape mode and automatic word correction(most of the time) even though I have found some weird corrections in my emails! Most of them are pretty funny to say the least! Kinda wish I could turn it off so I could type 'kinda' really fast and not worry that it changes to kinds or 'or' changes to of, or the like...