how's the 2g hold up against scratches?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by robby10ant, Dec 29, 2008.

1. robby10ant

robby10ant New Member

hey guys, my ipod touch is ordered and on its way... well basically what im wondering is how the screen holds up against scratches...

i already bought a silicon case for it, but it doesnt protect the screen one bit...

i dont like scratches and i plan on my ipod lasting me a long time, so do u think i should get a screen protector or is it not really needed?... thanks in advance
  2. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

yea u mite need a screen protector if ur gonna do anything stupid wit it, but the ipod can take hits, so dont worry about it too much
  3. MarcoPwnZ

MarcoPwnZ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i got a silicon case too... didnt u get the one that comes with the screen protector? id say get the screen protector , and the silicon case is great, im loving every bit of it. nice grip, and i even dropped my ipod touch once on accident, and no scratches on the case or the ipod =P

i dropped it on cement... X.X
  4. litobro

litobro Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've had mine for about a week now, not a single scratch on the screen. Just don't abuse it. The back scratching is inevitable, I have ordered a Invisible Shield by Zagg to prevent scratches to the front as well. I've also heard Brasso will help with the scratches on the back when my shield gets here. So good luck.
  5. ipodtochdancer

ipodtochdancer New Member

I saw some youtube videos on the ipod touch screen- people have used nails, keys and pins to scratch the screen and it still survies!!! No scratches!! Just don't do anything crazy with the screen and you should be fine.

The back of the ipod is a whole different story. I only had it for one day, i was extremely careful with it and i still got scratchs on the back. Might need to invest in some Brasso

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I dunno about brasso, it's a minor abrasive, that's how it cleans. So it may polish out the scratches, but just like the clearcoat on a car, you'll probably see swirl marks on it if the light hits it.
  7. wutasi

wutasi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You may want to look into the ZAGG invisibleSHIELD, I had 1 iPhone and 2 iPod Touch full body-installed just a few weeks ago, not worried about scratches anymore.

One thing though, don't expect a simple peel-and-stick installation. It is quite difficult especially if you are doing it the first time.
  8. IpodTouchLover(:

IpodTouchLover(: New Member

I've had mine since Christmas, and the main front screen is flawless, and very easy to clean off. The back, has a couple scratches, and I regret not buying a case. I recommend putting one on the screen, just in case

9. anc96

anc96 New Member

I have a 2G without any case

I haven't abused it or anything; it may be invunerable to scissors and knives etc. but not to finger nails - my ipod got a huge scratch right in the middle of the screen and it spoilt everything

I would definately recomend getting a case - WITH screen protector
  10. Firebird94

Firebird94 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Its impossible to avoid scratches on the back of the ipod touch. I had mine and took EXCELLENT care of it. Wiped it down with the cloth every time i touched it and it still scratched. I'm getting an invisible shield, so that'll help. Don't worry about the front and screen that doesn't scratch one bit.