howmany ways to connect to internet with ipod touch ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by m.en, Aug 16, 2009.

1. m.en

m.en New Member

can i connect to internet with an adsl connection that has wireless system too?
    and can i connect with a wlan or usb ?
    and if i saved some html pages can i store them to ipod and view them offline ?
    if a web page has flash in it , can ipod touch show it exactly as same as in pc ?

AND can ipod touch shows big (100 mb or more) pdfs that have pictures in them ? ( like pdf s that you can download from http://gigapedia.info/1/encyclopedia/)

can ipod touch shows flash video or can i play flash games with it ? ( like what cowon q5 can do )
  2. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Internet only through wifi.

Flash seems to be a closed format. Adobe said they will add Flash support for most smartphones EXCEPT the iPhone - and as you may or may not know, iPod touch runs iPhone OS. So no flash support for iPod neither. At least for now...

Adobe said it depends on Apple if they wish flash support or not. I wish flash was an open source format. So many viruses were transmitted through flash... If it was open source antivirus programs (or browser security measures) would've been able to spot them well before they executed. Why would you want to play flash games anyway ? They're so... limited.

Anyway. For FLV files you could try vlc4iphone and for large PDF files you could try GoodReader or PDF Expert. Personally I like GoodReader.
  3. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There is a way to tether an internet connection wired through USB to your iPod touch.

But dont, because its only for advanced users and im not even sure it works on 3.0, or let alone 2.2.1.

As for all your other stuff, once again, zDSpider hit the nail on the head.

iAppleCentral®