How would this be done?

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by Spiky10, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Spiky10

Spiky10 New Member

Hello,

I'm a beginner with the iPhone environment, and I was wondering how I would go about creating my idea.

Basically, a screen shows a 'fact' and there are two buttons, one to go to the next 'fact', another to the previous one.

Any tutorials for this?

Thanks.
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    An array of "fact" strings could serve as a simple data model, though perhaps you would want wrap it in a custom class for future-flexibility. You would then have a view controller that would instruct the view to redraw/update itself with the new data when the buttons are clicked.
  3. Spiky10

Spiky10 New Member

Sorry, but I have little to no knowledge of iPhone code, and was wondering if there was a simple way that I could learn to create an app like this.

Ideally, I would also like to be able to add 'facts' at a later date, and things like that.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks for the guidance so far.
  4. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    If you have little or no knowledge of "iPhone code", I strongly recommend that you learn Objective-C before wasting time. If you were to use a tutorial without knowing anything, you would simply copy and paste code, and not learn a thing. Then in the future, you would still be reliant on tutorials for everything that you would want to do. Put some time in, learn the language, learn how to use Foundation/UIKit, and you will have the freedom to do what you want yourself. Also, you will be able to understand and implement solutions like the one I posted above.
  5. Spiky10

Spiky10 New Member

Ok thanks. I'll look at buying a book.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. zenCoder

zenCoder New Member

objective-c 2.0 by Stephen Kochan