How Will Apple know I Opened my Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rcolon85, Nov 3, 2009.

1. rcolon85

rcolon85 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    First let me say i had to go out and buy a new one today because i cant live without my ipod touch...lol

originally i tried to replaced my digitizer and everything went perfectly i replaced the plastic bezel too...but the digitizer screen is unresponsive....it only lets me lower the volume and press cancel when i try to turn it off

Also, when it first cracked the screen...the digitizer became completely unresponsive.

but the Question is

HOW WILL APPLE KNOW, I DIDNT SEE ANY SERIAL NUMBERS ON THE DIGITIZER...or the bezel....i know there is a way but,,,it just erkks the sh*t out of me on how they determine i opened it...

thanks please read the whole post.

Thanks!
  2. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    i think there might be a seal or something.
  3. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    theres probably a seal.
  4. F1LTHYz

F1LTHYz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    they'll know when they open it.
  5. mikeandike1994

mikeandike1994 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There is a seal on the screen. Did you replace the entire screen or just the digitizer? By the way, unless the Apple employee is an anal retentive ass, they won't open it F1LTHYz
    I opened it to replace the battery in mine a while back while it was still under warranty, and the screen became completely unresponsive. So I took it to them, the idiots at the counter told me they wouldn't replace it because it was user damage because of water, even though the wetness indicator was still white. So I set an appointment for their genius bar, and the next day I went in, the technician took a look in the place where the usb cable plugs in, said it was the only one he'd seen with that problem without water damage, and replaced it. They won't open it, its too much of a hassle for them. Just take it back if its still under warranty, and talk to one of the technicians, not just the idiot sales associates out front.
  6. darthhomer12

darthhomer12 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I had replaced my screen with my old iPod because it was cracked, and during the process the home button stopped working. I sent it in and they sent me one right back. It was fairly obvious that it was replaced too (I didn't do a very good job of it lol). So if you are trying to get a replacement, then just go ahead and send it in. I doubt they will notice it.