[How & What] iPhone Programming

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by JoshuaCaputo, Jan 12, 2009.

1. JoshuaCaputo

JoshuaCaputo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    [How & What]
    iPhone Programming​

Recently I have seen to many questions about the setting up portion of iPhone Programming. I figured I would answer a few general questions.

Q: What programs do I need, and where can I get them.
    A: Generally you will find that most iPhone applications are developed on the Apple Official iPhone SDK. Apple released this quite a while ago and it has seemed to provide everything the developer needs, whether you be a beginner or professional developer.

Q: Whats Objective-C? Were to learn?
    A: Objective-C is a reflective, object-oriented programming language which adds Smalltalk-style messaging to C. There are many recourses over at Apple's iPhone Developer Center.

Q: Do you have to use a mac? Or is there a windows version?
    A: Mac only. Windows is not supported. Although you can try to set up a hackintosh.-centriod

Q: Can I distribute apps for free?
    A: It costs $99 for a developer license to get the certificates and you will then be able to distribute apps for free and paid versions.-centriod

Q: How do I learn to program object-c/iphone sdk
    A: developer.apple.com/iphone (memorize it ;]) & download all podcasts from itunes regarding iphone sdk. -centriod
  2. centroid

centroid New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Q: Do you have to use a mac? Or is there a windows version?
    A: Mac only. Windows is not supported. Although you can try to set up a hackintosh.

Q: Can I distribute apps for free?
    A: It costs $99 for a developer license to get the certificates and you will then be able to distribute apps for free and paid versions.

Q: How do I learn to program object-c/iphone sdk
    A: developer.apple.com/iphone (memorize it ;]) & download all podcasts from itunes regarding iphone sdk

Thats some ive seen around..
  3. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Q: Can i develop apps if i only have an ipod touch 2g, or do i need one to test on an iphone?? (if i make an app for the 2G, will it work just fine on the iphone?
  4. centroid

centroid New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    A: You will be developing the app (or should atleast) in the Iphone SDK so it will be compatible with the iphone and ipodtouch. They both have the same os but some applications only work on the iphone but all ipod touch apps work on iphone. Please correct me if i am mistaken.
  5. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    sweet. i just wanted tomake sure because im not sure if i need to add like extra coding or sometthing to use like edge or 3g connection.
  6. centroid

centroid New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I am still new to the dev scene but when ever i have a question i consult the apple dev center and also these forums of coarse
  7. Gman4354

Gman4354 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  8. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Q: What a good programming language to know before actually learning Objective-C and Cocoa.
  9. JoshuaCaputo

JoshuaCaputo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Any. I first learned Javascript and Jiggy as far as iPhone goes and once i transferred to obj-c i was like wow, new things and old things. C or BASIC I hear is best though. Idk personally.
  10. dedehakan

dedehakan New Member

Q:I don't have MAC. I have Windows (or i can install Linux(ubuntu or debian)). I want to sell my project in App Store. how i can do this?..