How well does apple look at submited apps?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by jimbeam, Jul 15, 2008.

1. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    It seem like apple didn't have allot of time to check all these apps out before they acually made it to the store? How could they have checked out all these apps in the week or so from submision to appstore launch?

What I'm getting at is could it be posible for someone to sneak in an app that doesn't fully comply to apples rules?

One that could posibly harm are iPod or even better one that would benefit the jailbreaking community

Please Register or Log in to view images

a hidden jailbreak feature would be nice.

There were allot of apps pushed though in a short period of time. Surely they didn't check ever line of code on every one of those apps.

Anyone willing to test it out? See if an app that doesn't comply 100% to apples rules will make it through the floodgates!
  2. Kevdanclay

Kevdanclay Banned

i had this exact idea... have a simple game but when you do a certain move, it installs installer or cyda
  3. jgl1115

jgl1115 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i was thinking of this the other day.

its actually a really good idea!
  4. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Just make an app that the average user would never use but simple. One that apple wouldn't think twice about.

Then have it so after a few complicated moves it would perform the jailbreak. The move would have to be complicated so some fool doesn't accidently figure it out and ruin it for us all.
  5. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well theres a couple things holding this project back.

First, who would in their right mind purchase $100 of their own money to be able to launch apps in the app store just to get booted out and banned after Apple discovers this?

Second, legal terms and actions can be taken on the developer. Remember, when you sign up for the program you give your name and your address.

Third, Apple can charge you for violation of the terms and rules and possibly sue.

Fourth, once Apple discovers this scheme they'll surely take this out of the app store as soon as possible. So only a handful could actually get the application.
  6. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I thought about that too. Just thought someone might have the balls to try it.

Or you launch it as a free application and before anyone figures out what it does contact apple and ask them to remove it from the appstore. Now a few people have it and it will always work on there ipod and since it was free we can pass it around via [PIRACY.rs]. Since you asked them to remove it they can not sue and most likely will not kick you out of the program in fear of you suing them.

So anyone up for it?

7. Byron_B

Byron_B New Member

Free apps still have DRM its just free...
  8. ChikityChinaGuy

ChikityChinaGuy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i was also wondering, there are a lot of developers out there,
    some from the jailbreaking community,
    and i dont hink everyone would want to shell out the 99 bucks to become a developer
    but what if we all had a like joint account
    where we could submit apps