How tough are our electronics?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Hellishness, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, I've really always wanted to know how tough our things are, so I'll start a thread. Just say what you've done to you things (iPods, iPhones, laptops, etc.), and what happened to them.

iPod touch original-dropped onto SOLID TILE (not like a Safeway floor, but literally more like rock) from about 2 feet onto the corner. Had a BestSkinsEver on the back. Nothing happened except some bubbling in the year-old film.

iPhone 3G-dropped from my fairly high bed (about 3 feet) onto a tape dispenser (http://p.office1000.com/ip/MMMC38BK.jpg) onto the two little things sticking up on the ends of the blade. on the screen! i was scared to death since it was brand new...i only scratched the screen protector.

iPhone 3G- dropped from a chair when I had my earphones in and forgot that I put it on the chair and walked away. absolutely nothing happened.

iPhone 3G and original iPod touch- got the whole home button area filled with a few drops of water (iPhone was on when this happened). I also filled up the ear speaker on my iPhone with water when it was off (putting on a screen protector) it works perfectly fine.

I'd say that these things are pretty damn tough, or I'm pretty damn lucky...what are some of your experiences?
  2. Calhoun

Calhoun New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    well this one time i wanted to break my ipod so i soaked it in a bucket of water for 3 hours and it still worked (screen had some water damage tho, and a smallish dead spot)
  3. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I was once playing football and i foreget i had my phone in my pocket. WHen i got into the gym and i couldnt find it. I was worried that it got stampede on.. Luckily my friend found it and kept it for me. YEA!
  4. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    dropped my iphone 2g onto the cement street and put a huge dent into it
  5. raxater

raxater New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Second ipod touch: I was putting on my earphones in my bus when my ipod fell 5 CENTIMETERS OVER THE FLOOR (earphones was holding it) perfectly intact. 2nd thing: Iwas putting it in its pocket when i dropped it, it fell 1,5 feet to the floor, it landed directly flat(screen side), results: perfectly fine
  6. Magnum

Magnum New Member

not much with my ipod but i dropped my psp like 17 times and it still works good as new. My friend also dropped his psp on the road and stepped on it leaving the whole back stripped of its paint but it still worked perfectly.
  7. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    lol back then when game boy the best gaming thing i dropped it from a 2nd story building when my cousins snuck up on me. Ran outside and saw it was only a minor dent on the white border. Dent were probally not even 1/10 a cent deep lol. Lucky fall
  8. yanks111890

yanks111890 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    With my 1G I was playing iBowl and it slipped out of my hand, flew across the room and landed face down. Screen completely shattered.

I replaced the digitizer for like 4 bucks on ebay and it worked and looked perfect. Then I accidentally left it in the glove compartment on a hot summer night and the battery exploded.
  9. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Remember all the Wiimotes flying into peoples televisions? I did that. All of it.
  10. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You are an evil man.