How To's

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by nascar3d, Dec 5, 2007.

1. nascar3d

nascar3d New Member

I am graphic artist that works for the Motorsports Industry, and I would like to make custom "Theme's and Icons" for my Ipod Touch in order to share with the world as well...

Is there a Tutorial on how to create these and do you need any special software besides Photoshop CS3? Is there a "Template Package" that will have all the correct sizes, etc...?

Where can I find Icons?

I guess what I am asking for is help and assistance, so I to can create and share...

Plus I need help getting the themes I downloaded ON My Ipod Touch... I have Summerboard 3.0b1-1

Thanks in advance...
  2. mrmac

mrmac Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I take it that your probably on a PC (even though you should have a Mac if your a "true" graphic designer)

To get the themes onto you iPod Touch that you download from your computer, you need to install "Winscp" linky here:

http://winscp.net/eng/download.php

After you do that, you need to connect your iPod and computer through that FTP client. If you don't know how to do it, here's how:

1) insert the "IP Address" of you iPod. (you find that in the settings, then wifi, then hit the blue arrow of the wifi your using)

2) the username for all 1.1.1 jailbroken iTouches are: root

3) the password for all of them is: alpine

4) You need to make sure you have "Summerboard installed on your ipod via the installer.

5) Put your themes in the var/root/media/summerboard/themes/

6) Make a folder after themes and you have to do it exactly this way:

A) Make an "Icons" folder inside the folder you just created.

B) Put all the icons in that folder and make sure that it's spelled the exact way of the file.

C) Put the wallpaper in the file you created.

Name it: Wallpaper.png

Same with the dock

Dock.png

There ya go,

If you want me to make themes for you just AIM or PM me

AIM: bottlerocket625
  3. nascar3d

nascar3d New Member

OK I did all that, but there was not a summerboard/themes/ directory anywhere that I could find, so I made one...

Not sure why it wasn't listed... I have SMBprefs Icon on my Touch... is there something I am missing? I can use themes from this site via the "Installer"...
  4. mrmac

mrmac Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Have you not installed a custom theme?

If not, you won't be able to see any files in the summerboard/themes

You need to create a file in summerboard/themes/YOURFILE

Then do as I said in the post above.
  5. nascar3d

nascar3d New Member

I have never done this before that is correct... but when I first FTPed into my Ipod Touch, there was no such directory like you mentioned... so I made one exactly like you mentioned... I also placed my files in the directory as you mentioned and my directory I made doesn't come up... it shows' others that I have gotten from the net but not mine...
  6. nascar3d

nascar3d New Member

OK, I figured it out...

The path on my Ipod Touch is Private/Var/Root/Library/Summerboard/Themes/

So once I found that everything worked perfectly...

Thanks for all your assitance, and I hope to have some cool Themes I can release to the community soon....
  7. mrmac

mrmac Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm glad I could help!

If you ever need any more help just ask me. I am also good at creating themes for the iTouch. PM me if you need any help.
  8. nascar3d

nascar3d New Member

Here is the first FULL THEME I have done

Please Register or Log in to view images

I did not "Create" these icons or Wallpaper, I simply used what I found on the net and put it all together in a Theme Style Package...

I use nothing but Alienware Systems, so I wanted to pay "Respect" to them with my first theme...

More to come... As you can see this is not a "Screenshot", as I couldn't get it to work correctly... so I made a Ipod Touch 'Template' so I can design and arrange my theme's on the computer before I finalize them for the actual Ipod Touch... Works extremly well, and helps to "Plan Out things"...

Thanks again for everyone's input and assistance, and I hope you enjoy the themes I will release as soon as I get some FINAL and I am happy with them...
  9. nx010

nx010 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    would the username and pass be the same on jailbreak 1.1.2?
  10. nascar3d

nascar3d New Member

It should be unless you changed it... I changed my password... but the username was still "root"...