How to ZiPhone Jailbreak with no keyboard probs

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by weenipper53, Feb 16, 2008.

1. weenipper53

weenipper53 New Member

Ok this is how i got my 8gb ipot 1.1.3 jailbreak with NO keyboard probs.

First restore to 1.1.1 then jailbreak with http://tinyurl.com/36dsyz And Install Comunity Source then oktoprep

Next update to 1.1.2 and jailbreak (do not update installer)

Next install bsd subsystem and bosstool then move fonts and applications

Next update to 1.1.3 and jailbreak when done go to uninstall and reinstall bsd subsystem update installer and uninstall bosstool then install bosstool again and openssh

Next ssh into your ipot and go to private/var/ and if there is an applications folder in there rename it to Applications.old

Last step move fonts and apps with bosstool.

Pain in the butt i know but it works

Did my post HELP? If so Click on the scale under my Avatar
    4 people like this.
  2. aftershock68

aftershock68 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

Hmm, you might be on to something, READ 16gb USERS!

This may solve the BSD error, I don't know, but it's worth a try.
  3. weenipper53

weenipper53 New Member

Let me know if it works on the 16gb
  4. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I went 1.1.1 -> update to 1.1.3 > ZiPhone and was fine.
  5. weenipper53

weenipper53 New Member

that didn't work for me. don't know whats up with this jailbreak works fine for some but not others
  6. genrlzod

genrlzod New Member

Hi Guys,

Just to add my 2 cents.

Ive was all good and rosey until i had an issue with my 8GB Ipod Touch. I was forced to restore back to 1.1.3 and then reinstall Ziphone 2.2

So that went ok. And then i got the dreaded keyboard problem!!! aaagggghhhh as you can tell, the damn thing was freezing and causing the iPod to lock up.

I tryed to repeat the process a few more times by restoring back to 1.1.3 but i still kept getting this damn keyboard problem.

So i reverted back a video i saw when i bought my iPod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9IYRfDel8U

Basically i followed the above to the T. The only difference was that i installed Ziphone 2.2 instead of 2.0 as demonstarted in the video.

Once i installed 2.2, i proceeded to work out the problem via a process of elimination - I started to install one app at a time. After one was done, i would exit to the home screen and allow the system to refresh as signiified by the circular egg timer logo.

Before i installed another app, i purposely went into contacts to see if the keyboard would function properly when adding a new email address....it was. So on with the next app.

I repeated this process by checking the keyboard every single time after i performed/installed the following actions:

1. Installed Community Services 3.4
    2. Installed Community Services Update 3.5
    3. Installed BSD Subsystem
    4. Installed BSD Subsystem Term Fix
    5. Installed OpenSSH
    6. Installed Added a source for http://ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml
    7. Installed iPhone Applications via XML above.

And so far everything is fine.

That being said, I conclude my investigation and can only put the cause for concern down to the initial prepping process before jailbreaking the device as per the YouTube video above. For e.g. like hitting the eject button and closing down the iTunes apps at the times given. Small things but perhaps these are absolutely imperative??? - it would appear so in my case at least.

Should i fall encounter this keyboard issue again, i will come back and report however, for the time being i am as happy as larry.

Hope this helps and works for you too!
  7. ryan09

ryan09 New Member

Okay. I fixed my keyboard problem very easily. Easier than this.

All i did was:

1. Restore to 1.1.1
    2. Jailbreak 1.1.1
    3. Install OktoPrep
    4. Update to 1.1.2
    5. Jailbreak 1.1.2 (I just didn't check "install ssh" and installed it at the end)
    6. Update to 1.1.3
    7. Jailbreak to 1.1.3 with ZiPhone
    8. Install BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH becasue you will need those
  8. RazMo

RazMo New Member

i dont know what it is, but damn it works magic for me...not had 1 problem with the keyboard since i tried it this way.. lol way to go mate.. really needed this..

i think because we update and not restore the software.. it makes a difference and doesn't freeze up the keyboard.. maybe as apple couldn't brick the iphones or ipods, they're using this as a secret weapon so people dont jailbreak or something?

i suggest everyone to use this and they will not have 1 problem with the keyboard freezing up..
  9. lilplaya2567

lilplaya2567 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    thanks this worked
  10. RazMo

RazMo New Member

can a mod pin this topic and maybe add the technique to the front page for people to use.