How to write an ipod touch app.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by curlbigtimeballn, Nov 22, 2007.

1. curlbigtimeballn

curlbigtimeballn New Member

Can somewon give me a basic app or somthing to modify, And how do you create one anyway?
  2. budm

budm New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes i was wondering the same thing cause i need to convert a app called sbagen and its wrote for arm already i just need to port it
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

You will first need to build the toolchain on your machine--instructions can be found at the iPhone Dev Team's wiki. Then, if you use a Mac, you can use Cocoa. The apps should all be in Objective-C to ensure error free operation. If you don't have a Mac, then you'll probably want to use GCC.
  4. MiG™

MiG™ New Member

We really need a dev section.

Guides on building the toolchain on all platforms, C/C++ help threads and then developer released threads with feedback.

Just my 2 cents really.

Seems only the 1337 can program for this thing at the minute... I know a Pre-compiled toolchain is currently out of the question for this platform, but theres gotta be some sort of a way of making it easier?

A Dev section would be really handy.

Just seems like a bunch of Script Kiddies on the forum though, no offence. All with no sense of how to use google and all asking for illegal material...

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. RazerM

RazerM New Member

I'm slowly creating an app, as I have never used objective C before, but I'm learning. Remember most apps in Installer have source available.