[HOW TO]Winterboard 2.0 Custom Status Bar, Dock, etc.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by bobpedro, Aug 3, 2008.

1. bobpedro

bobpedro New Member

The big breakthrough of Winterboard 2.0 has been met with a couple of very common problems. First, no custom status bar. Second, Dock problems. So, in the meantime, I've found an easy way to have your custom Status bar and dock applied.

In your theme folder you should structure it as follows:

../ThemeName/Wallpaper.png
    ../ThemeName/Bundles/com.springboard.app/FSO_BG.png
    ../ThemeName/Bundles/com.springboard.app/SBDockBG.png

Wallpaper.png should be your standard 320x480 iPhone/iPod Touch wallpaper.

create FSO_BG.png using a 320x20 px image, and align the TOP of your wallpaper to the top of the image.

create SBDockBG.png using a 320x91 px image, and align the BOTTOM of your wallpaper to the bottom of the image.

here's some images to give you an idea. I simply found a wallpaper i liked (320x480 px) and used it to create these. (I used an overlay of a custom transparent dock on my Dock image.) Then build your theme file structure as above and you should be golden.

You can do this with each theme, so after each of your themes are structured properly, it will change with no extra interaction (Customize, SpringRoll, etc.) needed.

Please Register or Log in to view images

*Note that the images don't align properly visually, however they will be overlapping on your device, and align properly.

Here's a screenshot of the working theme:

As a note, I believe adding other edited Springboard images into the com.springboard.app folder will also change those automatically as well.
  2. Crypt

Crypt Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    ah, thanks, i was wondering what the status bar was called

seems to me a much easier way to do this is just to rename your status bar to FSO_BG.png and stick it in /system/library/coreservices/springboard.app

same with dock, just duplicate it and name them SBDockBG and SBDockBG2 and put them in the same place
  3. bobpedro

bobpedro New Member

Doing it that way, however, you have to change it every time you change a theme. If you do it this way, it changes with the theme.