How To Winpwn Your Ipod Touch W/o Bugs

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by smoothnews, Jun 2, 2008.

1. smoothnews

smoothnews New Member

Ok, after failing many times using winpwn and after many black screens I finally figured out how to succesfully winpwn your Ipod Touch.

1. Restore your ipod firmware in itunes
    2. Use Ziphone 3.0 to jailbreak your ipod touch(DONT INSTALL ANY APPS JUST LEAVE IT ALONE)
    3. Download and open up WinPwn.
    4. Click browse .ispw and select the 1.1.4 firmware you downloaded.
    5. Remove you ipod from the plug.
    6. Hold down the home button while plugging in the the ipod to the cord.
    7. Now click Ipwner and wait for it to finish.
    8. Your Ipod should reboot and it should be pwned.
    9. Next go to IPSW builder and make your custom firmware.(REMEMBER TO DOWNLOAD EITHER INSTALLER OR CYDIA)
    10. Now remove your ipod from the plug and put it into restore mode( look at steps 5 &6)
    11. Now go into itunes and it should detect and Ipod in restore mode.
    12. Hold shift and click restore and select the custon firmware you downloaded in step 9
    13. After the process is done your Ipod should reboot and it should says start up script completed with a striped blurry background and the screen should be frozen.
    14. Force power off your ipod by holding down the home and power keys.
    15. Now turn it back on and you should have your custom firmware on and it will be jailbroken

Please Register or Log in to view images

EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR JUST LEAVE A COMMENT. IF YOU STILL GET THE BLACK OR BLANK SCREEN LOOK AT MY FIX THREAD AND TRY AGAIN.
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    WHy would you jailbreak you ipod before you pwnd? Maybe you should read one of the good guides and revise yours.
  3. KevN

KevN Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
  4. d00m42

d00m42 Member

er.. dude they are right.. you need to make a few revisions.
  5. smoothnews

smoothnews New Member

This is for the people who get the blank or black screen when they use winpwn. This is just a way that you do not need to constantly put your Ipod touch in DFU mode when the blank or black screen occurs. I have tried winpwn on 5 different computers on 5 different ipod touches using the normal method and what do i get? THE BLACK SCREEN!

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. ALeC!

ALeC! Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well I did it but I guess that was because I used Ziphone to jailbreak then WinPwn came out and I used that, but ya change your directions.
  7. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Ok, you use that and everyone else be sure to use the good guide that is posted and save yourself some time. I do most of my testing on a mac but have done some on my windows machine and never had an issue.
  8. EVT

EVT Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    now what is the GOOD guide?