[How To] When getting a refurbished iPod Touch from Apple...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by hakk79, Apr 5, 2008.

1. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, you decide you want to send your old iPod Touch in to get it refurbished by Apple. The problem is, you dont know what to say to get a new one and you dont know the steps they will put you through. Well this is the guide for you.

First of all, let me say that I am trying this guide with my iPod Touch that has a battery problem. I am not sure if they will give you a new iPod if the one you send in does not have an issue, because as far as I know they have a dignostic check and i THINK that if you do send it in to the with no issue they can charge you at least 100 USD.

So if that is your case, i suggest you leave this page. If you still want to try it out, and your iPod does not have an issue, I do not take responsibilty for you getting sued *Cough*Cough* or your warranty getting voided.

Also if you Mods consider it illegal, just close the thread. I am trying this with my Own iPod so...

Well to the guide.

1. The first step is to call Apple. To get an agent as soon as you get on, press 000 and if an automated voice comes on, say operator. (I got this from Dialahuman.com)

2. The second step comes when you get an agent. For those who are dumb as rocks, DO NOT tell them that you jailbroke your iPod or you have additional applications installed. Just tell them the issue, and an experience with the issue.

So for example I said my iPod had a battery problem, and I told them an experience with that.

3. They will ask you for your serial number. Then they will ask you for your shipping adress, and telephone number. They will also send you 2 emails that help you track your request and that give you a repair ID. (I suggest you ask for a case number. Also check the email's to make sure they got your shipping adress right.

4. In the mail, you will recieve a box. In the box will be instructions on how to send your iPod in to them, and how to place it in the box, ETC. I did not recieve my box as yet so I have more info to add later.

IMPORTANT:

Please Register or Log in to view images

ASSUMING THAT YOU HAVE JAILBROKEN YOUR iPOD TOUCH, RESTORE IT!!! I WILL REPEAT. IF YOU HAVE JAILBROKEN YOUR iPOD TOUCH, RESTORE IT. IF YOU END IT IN TO THEM JAILBROKEN THEY WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY.

5. Send the box in with your iPod Touch (Mail)

6. After 5 to 7 buisness days you will recieve your iPod back. Either 2 things might happen

6a. They send back your iPod in the same way because it was a minor problem that was fixed easily

6b. You get a brand new refurbished iPod Touch!!!
    YAY

I am trying to do this with my iPod touch, so i will update this if anything happens. If have jailbroke your iPod Touch, Restore it before sending into Apple. It will take 2 buisness days to recieve your box.

This tread is not a literal guide, it is just telling someone what would happen if you wanted to send your iPod Touch in to get a new one.

Rep if this helps You