[HOW-TO]WEP cracking and connecting to school/ work

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Covenant550, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Covenant550

Covenant550 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ok first off i take NO RESPONSIBILTY for w/e you guys do. I am just informing you on a way to successfully connect you iphone/touch to your schools wifi and make it work

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: If you are doing this for neighbors/etc and NOT on a school computer or cant get on a computer withe the WEP STORED ON THAT computer then use this program->http://www.[PIRACY.mu].com/?d=GL04BJZX use ultraISO or somethign to burn it to a cd then put the cd in ur pc and run it. (i have no experience with this, if link bad plz remove)

SECOND: aorry for the misunderstanding. as stated: Quote:
    ***Originally Posted by linds View Post
    maybe I should clear this up for some people

THIS IS NOT WEP CRACKING

what wzcook does is look at the wireless zero configuration service in windows and grabs the WEP key. You are not cracking anything. It's simply grabbing the WEP key when it has been entered before.

That's why for those of you who are asking why this can't be on the iPod... well, it would be pointless because all it does is password recovery. There's no cracking involved here.****

This does NOT hack anythign it simply shows the WEP password typed in on the computer.
    May not sound as useful but works like a charm at school computers

FEEL FREE TO IM ME FOR ANYTHING IF YOU DONT FEEL LIEK POSTING
    AIM-WHOSAIDHEIM
    MSN MESSENGER/LIVE MESSENGER- TRAVTOTHEMAX@HOTMAIL.COM

EDIT: Sticky?

First what I used is XP. if you can gt on a school XP laptop your set if not then your screwed with this post.

1. DL WZCOOK (comes with aircrack -ng or get it here- NEW LINK:http://www.[PIRACY.mf].com/?ooujtky2bl9 (delete link if not appropriate)

2. copy to a flash drive and on an XP laptop or PC connected through wifi to the internet run it off your drive. you should see after a few monents the SSID and the WEP password ex. (7482841943841695E000000000000000)

3. follow the link to the text file it created (normally in C: drive) and then copy everythign up to the first 0.

4. go here : http://www.dolcevie.com/js/converter.html

5. paste what you copied into the top box. there is an example liek 43:53:24:3E

6. add the little ":" after every 2 numbers and letters for yours also then click convert and you should see the password.

7. go onto your touch and even though when u search for wifi your school doesnt show up click other then type in the SSID u got form the WZCOOK

8. for security pick WEP and then type the pass you just created

9. if it connects you then your good so far.
    ***IF YOUR TRYING THIS FOR PLACES SUCH AS YOUR HOUSE ETC YOU NORMALLY DO NOT NEED THE OTHER STEPS, SOME PPL STILL MAY THO***

if you still cant connect fully then go here : http://www.samair.ru/proxy/

10. this is where most people got lost. pick a random page (dont use page one) i picked 43

11. you should see somehting liek this:
    202.59.75.170: 8080 transparent proxy Mar-03, 19:52 Pakistan

12. normally the transparent proxies work best.

13. so on your touch go to settings and wifi then click the blue arrow next to your schools wifi your connected to. scroll down and you should see wher eit says proxy. click manual

14. for the adress type the IP you got from one of the links above:
    202.59.75.170: 8080 transparent proxy Mar-03, 19:52 Pakistan
    i used that oen so this is what i would type:
    adress: 202.59.75.170
    port: 8080 (the port number is right after the IP right after the ":"

15. save and test out your wifi on a simple site liek google. my school has a bunch of sites liek myspace etc blocked so when i try on my touch it blocks them also. so what i do is in my adress bar i find a proxy liek- www.facebookatwork.com or something like that.

different schools have different proxies bloceed so you just gotta search around.
    Thats all that I did. If you have any problems questions let me know and ill see what i can do.

***sorry if my "how to" wasn't that great it was my first***
    ****and sorry for typos****

Posted this in iPod tech help but got no replies so reposted for feedback
    3 people like this.
  2. mossme89

mossme89 Member

i keep getting:
    Fatal: RegOpenKey(Software\Microsoft\WZCSVC\Parameters\Interfaces) failed
  3. Covenant550

Covenant550 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

when you use WZCOOK? are you using Windows XP?
  4. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I am 100% sure that I am gonna use this when I get home! Thank you for my neighboors wifi

5. tootricky

tootricky New Member

Thief.

6. Covenant550

Covenant550 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    np if your using your neighbors wifi then im pretty sure u can skip everyhtign after you get the WEP. the only reason the other steps are there is to get around to get onto my schools router and firewall but if needed just follow the rest.
  7. prInZ

prInZ Member

Why using a proxy????

Make no sense for me....

The connection route is ipod->router->proxy, not ipod->proxy->router
    so you are not getting more anonymous if you use a proxy!

btw: IT REALLY DEPENDS ON YOUR WIRELESS CARD, it have to support injection for fast a way, or at least monitoring mode for very slow way.
    If your card does not support any of this modes, youre lost

How do you know if your card is supported?

google for siw.exe (system information tool)
    toggle network devices
    choose your wlan-card and notice the chip modell

take a look @ http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=compatibility_drivers#determine_the_chipset

greetz...

Edit:

For that reason, what you are calling "to get arround the firewall" it should be enough to add an DNS-Server....
  8. XyracX

XyracX New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    To use this method i need access to that computer or laptop from that i wannt the WEP Key ?
  9. prInZ

prInZ Member

Why using a proxy????

Make no sense for me....

The connection route is ipod->router->proxy, not ipod->proxy->router
    so you are not more anonymous if you use a proxy!

greetz...

btw: IT REALLY DEPENDS ON YOUR WIRELESS CARD, it have to support injection for a fast way, or at least monitoring mode for very slow way.
    If your card does not support any of this modes, youre lost

How do you know if your card is supported?

google for siw.exe (system information tool)
    toggle network devices
    choose your wlan-card and notice the chip modell

take a look @ http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=compatibility_drivers#determine_the_chipset

greetz...
  10. Covenant550

Covenant550 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

well we have no way to check all that at school. after we got the WEP key and were connected we could only visit our main city school site (www.browardschools.com) so we couldnt figure it out but after messign around with the mannual proxy thats the way i figured out how to connect. if i try and go on myspace from my ipot my school firewall still blocks it so if u have any tips to fix it tht would be great but for now i jut find a proxy my schooll hasnt blocked and use that to get on

EDIT: im not trying to be annonymous just to connect. Our school techs are retarded