How to wear headphones while running

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by lalgsw, Oct 23, 2010.

1. lalgsw

lalgsw Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hi,

I enjoy running and like to have some music, I'm getting an ipod shuffle, i've tried running with my ipod touch, but it's a bit heavy, i've had 2 problems.

The headphone keeps falling off, so i'm going to get these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001GS8FZ2/ref=cm_cd_asin_lnk

Hopefully, those will stay on?

Also, how should i wear the headphones, when i leave them hanging out, they get caught in my arms, but when i put them in my shirt, whenever i bend my head down and look up, the headphones start to fall off, idk if the new headphones will be anybetter.....

Any suggestions?
  2. mrtntv2

mrtntv2 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    wrap around your ear (works with any headphone) and stick in backwards, upside down. and tuck under shirt. hard to explain:
  3. lalgsw

lalgsw Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    omg i think i know what u mean...it seems to work well, i put it on with the wire going fromt he back, when it tugs, it tugs on the back of my ear a bit, but it doesn't fall out :D genious!
  4. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Too bad the iPod shuffle/iPod touch 1G doesn't have stereo bluetooth streaming, as a waterproof bluetooth headset is best for running. No wires at all.

And have you thought of getting an armband for your iPod touch? It won't be a bother after that. Plus, an armband is cheaper than a new iPod shuffle.
  5. lalgsw

lalgsw Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hmmm, yeah, i've taken a look at the armband...but the thing is taht I've heard that sometimes sweat will soak in, and i sweat alot.....i don't really want the bicep area to be extremely soggy everytime.

i'm stilling playing with the headphone set up a bit....wrapping it around my ear helps a bit, but it still slides off, these are with the bad original ones, i'm still waiting on the in ear ones, hopefully those will be better? maybe may not need wrapping?
  6. mangels09

mangels09 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I had to get some like this. I cant get anything to stay in my ears when I run.[​IMG]
  7. lalgsw

lalgsw Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ah yeah the clip on ones....they're cheap, how does it feel? not too tight?
  8. lalgsw

lalgsw Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Are the inear headphones any good at staying in when working out or running? I hear there are some big sales around here for the Jbud inear headphones
  9. n0va

n0va Banned

They're okay, hurts like sh** if you accidently pull them out though
  10. lalgsw

lalgsw Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    so u'd still recommend the hooky ones like shown above? those look uncomfortable, are they?