How to view video/pics on TV?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Joeadb, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Joeadb

Joeadb New Member

I have the composite video/audio cable, plugged one end into the headphone jack on my Itouch and the other end into the video/audio jacks of my tv. I can play music fine and hear the audio portion of video clips but am Unable to view video or pics, what am I missing here..

Peace..
  2. ph2t

ph2t New Member

You need to purchase the NEW AV (compostive or component) cables. All the old apple (and OEM) ones will not work. The New cables have a security IC in them that allows the output of video.

It's a real bugger I know but that is the ONLY way to get the video out.

Seems silly to me though that they release a component out video cable but the ipod touch will only support a maximum horizontal resolution of 720 (ie: PAL CCIR401 or NTSC Standards). This is the typical max of the SD (standard def) format. HD go a lot higher than this and I think the component cable will make better use of these HD formats over the original SD format.

Hopefully soon a firmware update will be released to allow some more HD type resolutions to me played.
  3. Joeadb

Joeadb New Member

Thanks very much, can you point me in the right direction as to where I can order these cables? also do I need a dock or just the cables

Peace.
  4. ph2t

ph2t New Member

Well I bought mine in Aus mate so I don't know where you are. You don't need the universal dock (thank god), just the AV cable.

Here's the typical AV cable (compatible with new touch)
    http://store.apple.com/133-622/WebObjects/australiastore?productLearnMore=MB129X/A

Or you can get the component cable:
    http://store.apple.com/133-622/WebO...d/ipod_accessories/cables_docks&nplm=MB128X/A

In both cable packs you get an AC-to-USB power adapter as well so the touch is always powered during play back.

In playing video the dock/remote isn't that great, the functionality is limitedf to like pause or play and volume, that's about it.

cheers,

ph2t.
  5. Touchnoob0211

Touchnoob0211 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    switch around the RCA cables like the yellow on the red. keep switching them around and it worked for me..
    not 100% sure itl work but ya