How to view PDF in iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jithmeister, Nov 6, 2009.

1. jithmeister

jithmeister New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I actually bought the iPod touch so that I can listen to music and fuel my desire to read books on the go (also to start making apps for it).

I searches online and can't find a trivial solution to this problem. So tell me how you do it. (maybe without a jailbreak? Reason:http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264072)
  2. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oh, yeah... Putting your iPod to sleep instead of turning it off is SUCH a big deal.

I've said it before. It's not like the PSP where your thumb is over the power LED and don't know when you run out of power. The iPod WARNS you with a huge pop-up in the middle of the screen that you're at 20%. It even puts your app/game on pause. When you're on the go, and you KNOW you don't have any means of chargin your iPod, you would have to be a total moron to keep using it for anything else but music. I've squeezed something like 1h30m out of 8% battery life of music time.

Since you still need to connect it to a computer in order to charge it, why not just press a "make it ra1n" button while you're at it ?

But anyway. It's your iPod, your decision. IMO, the best PDF viewer is called Good Reader. You don't have to be jailbroken to load books, it's just easier when you are. iFunBox gets the job done very easily.

I wonder if Good Reader grabbs files from the Media partition (like Stanza does)... That would make iFunBox useful in this case too.
  3. oric1

oric1 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Discover is a mobile file manager application that allows you to manage, store, view and transfer files with other computers or iPhones / iPod Touch, within the same Wi-Fi network. It also allows you to access local or public servers on the Internet, both within or without Wi-Fi connections.

I managed to store some PDF files in my iPod Touch via Discover and was able to view the files. It's FREE!

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=292416855&mt=8