How to use snapshot snaps as wallpaper

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by P0150N0U5 F15)-(, Feb 3, 2008.

1. P0150N0U5 F15)-(

P0150N0U5 F15)-( Banned

Unsure how to do this as if i mail them to my pc and sync them from iTunes it degrades the quality?

Thanks
  2. Lensflare

Lensflare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    There's an app out there than doesn't mess with the quality...SendPics? If that's not working for you, SSH your iPod and go to the temp foler. There should be a file called "foo_0.png" (something like that at least). If there's not one there, just place a picture in the temp folder, and it should appear. Then delete the picture you put in there.
  3. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Go into your Touch via SSH
    Go to the folder where you save your screenshots (Idk where that would be because I don't like screenshot)
    Copy the screenshot
    Paste in /Library/Wallpapers
  4. Ruisu

Ruisu New Member

You can do it without SSHing into you pod, well thats if you have Summer Board installed and Mobile finder. In mobile finder go to your snapshot and choose file>move. Then goto this directory "/private/var/root/Library" and paste it there. In this folder there should be a file called LockBackground.jpg which is your currently in use wallpaper. Change its name by tapping on it twice so you can modify the file and add something like a 1 or anything to it so it wont be called LockBackground. Now change your snapsots name to LockBackground and now it will be your new wallpaper although it will only work if your snapshot is in the Jpeg format. And also you have to make sure that SummerBoard is set to not have your themes wallpaper in use.