How to use rsbt within customize to order more than 16 icons

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by humbert, Oct 23, 2007.

1. humbert

humbert New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This is something I figured out myself, I'm not sure if it's already been posted, but I couldn't find it when I searched. It's really easy actually, once you've got the hex version of customize installed on your iPod, just ssh into /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/N45AP.plist, and at the bottom you should see a part that says:

</array>
    <key>thirdParty</key>
    <array>

followed by the apps on springboard that are on the "extended springboard" of customize

Simply copy all these keys such as:

<dict>
    <key>displayIdentifier</key>
    <string>com.latenitesoft.Sketches</string>
    </dict>

entirely and move them to above the part where it says:

</array>
    <key>special</key>
    <array>

to where all your other apps have their identifiers. You don't even have to order them there, once you've done this just save and go back into customize on your iPod, and you should be able to order all your icons!

Confirmed Working!
  2. idono1301

idono1301 New Member

worked.. thanks
  3. HaGGardSmurf

HaGGardSmurf New Member

Im sorry I am still confused... What exactly does this do? Makes customizer work? How exactly do we have to change our n45ap file?
  4. humbert

humbert New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay so customizer doesn't work normally, you have to download a special file to make it work, you can find how to make it all work at this thread:

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3141

After you do that, the rsbt function within customizer, used to order icons, only works for ordering the first sixteen icons (there is an option to show how many appear on your springboard). The rest show in rsbt as being on your "extended springboard" and you cannot order them, as they appear in a random order. My guide allows you to order the rest of the icons (I'm pretty sure you have to have summerboard installed) on the other pages, surpassing the sixteen icon limit.

To change the N45AP file you must SSH into your ipod and find the file, then copy and past all the commands (after the array that says thirdParty) into the first array, where all your other springboard apps are. If you don't know anything about the N45AP.plist file I don't suggest doing this, as you could mess it up, but with a little investigation it's easy to figure out how it works (I'm no pro, just looked into the file and deduced how it works with the little programming knowledge I have).

Hope this helps!

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. shinrai

shinrai New Member

Hey, I tested it and...

It works! All the apps are now in the main springboard and can be ordered as you want.

One thing though, don't change the number of springboard icons back to 16 (or whatever). You'll go back to getting random apps in the extended springboard.
  6. humbert

humbert New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nice, glad I could help!

And yeah, sorry, I should've mentioned that you shuoldn't change the settings for the number of springboard icons back

7. pattyadams

pattyadams New Member

Fantastic! That had been driving me mad! Thank you so much!

8. pared

pared New Member

A good idea would be to post the text from a sample .plist.
  9. humbert

humbert New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Alright, I can't right this second but as soon as I can I'll post it so people can see.
  10. idono1301

idono1301 New Member

do you think anyone can actually incorporate this into customize?