How to use Maps with 3G on iPod touch 2nd generation

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DJ0ker, Apr 25, 2009.

1. DJ0ker

DJ0ker New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys wassup. I just wonder if I can use 3G on my ipod touch and whether I have to pay for it since wifi network is obvioisly not available everywhere I go (yeh u right it sucks in AU). The Maps app given in my iPod touch has a lot of use for me but I can only use it at home which rather not neccessary so I wanna know a way to make use of it on the go <Cheers>

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Beta.3.0.Tester

Beta.3.0.Tester New Member

3. pegaxs

pegaxs Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    The ipod touch does not support 3G and does not support GPS on its own.

You can buy a plug in GPS for the ipod touch, but you cannot buy a plug in 3G anything for the touch. That would effectively make it an iphone.

Its just a case of finding the GPS software to run on the phone. You want mapping software, tracking software, routing software, navigator software, waypoint software ?

Anything outside what you can install will have to be installed on a jailbroken touch. I had a list of stuff i was working with to do the same thing. ended up being easier and cheater to just buy a navigation unit...
  4. DJ0ker

DJ0ker New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes I have my iPod touch jailbroken just for this very reason so if u can share me a few apps I would really appreciate it.

BTW I heard u can get xGPS from Cydia and it works right ? I'm gonna try it tho.