How To: Use images from safari as wallpaper without the computer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Roderick, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Roderick

Roderick New Member

first of all i don't know if this is the right place to post this, so i will post it in a couple other places. sorry if thats bad.

second, i searched the forums thoroughly and saw no post like this, so if this is a repeat type thing, just ignore me.

so, first. you need summerboard (obviously). In summerboard, set the theme wallpaper to off, but the other wallpaper to on.

now make sure you have either dock.app, screenshot, or something that takes a screenshot.

browse the web in safari and find a neat picture you like. open it up in a new page and zoom in to the size and position you want. now use the dock or screenshot or whatever and take a screenshot.

you also will need mobile finder.
    all screenshots are saved to the photo roll. (this is the same for sketches, so you could create your own wallpaper on the spot as well)
    so, go into mobile finder and navigate to Var/root/media/DCIM/100APPLE
    in this folder should be the screenshots you've taken. find the one you like (make sure its the .jpg one, for some reason there are duplicates that are .thm) and copy it. now go back to the root folder and go into library. in the library folder at the bottom should be a file called LockBackground.Jpg, with a little preview of whatever wallpaper you had selected. paste your screenshot into the library folder (it'll show up next to LockBackground.jpg). Now rename LockBackground.jpg to something like LockBackground.jpg1 (Just to be safe, it probly doesn't matter) and rename the screenshot to LockBackground.jpg. its CASE SENSITIVE.
    Go into summerboard and restart the springboard. VOILA.

its actually pretty simple, just save, copy, paste, rename. it just sounds a little complicated at first. now using those cool internet pics is possible! woo!

this also helps if you have wallpaper.app and have saved wallpapers that you can't access. they get saved to the 100apple folder too.
  2. groptard

groptard New Member

that sounds great but the only thing is that you would see the top and bottom bars of the safari app, am i right?pm me if im wrong plz. i hope i am.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Roderick

Roderick New Member

yes yourr right. Ive been fiddling around trying ti get wround this but... Its bothersome. I have discovered some new methods though. Ill update the post when im not so sleepy.