How to use custom icon?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by coby!, Jan 22, 2008.

1. coby!

coby! New Member

Ive heard about it, and Ive searched, but I cant find what Im looking for.

So here it goes.

I have a summerboard theme, perticularly the background, and I like it, but I dont like the icons that come with it. But I do like the icons that come with another summerboard theme.

Is there any way where I can use the background of one theme, and the icons of another?

Also, say I have a summerboard theme, and I go into customize and change the dock background. Does it override the summerboard theme's dock background or not?
    Edit: I tried putting in a the dock I like, but then after I rebooted it it took away the cool background image

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks,
    Coby!

2. coby!

coby! New Member

Anyone? My OCD is driving me crazy over this!

lol
  3. coby!

coby! New Member

13 views. Surely one of you could atleast tell me if its possible or not

4. akdmksjeanius

akdmksjeanius New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I can answer your first question yes u can do a diffrent wall with difrent icons all you gotta do is make just take the wallpaper and move it over the folder that contain the Icons folder, Wallpaper.png, and Dock.png (which is optional in some themes) and let that Wallpaper overwrite the other and there u go a custom theme.
  5. coby!

coby! New Member

What app do you use to do that? I have no clue about the technical stuff like this.
  6. rem736

rem736 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    you can use mobile finder to copy/paste/move files around if you want to do it from the ipod.

otherwise, ssh in from a computer using winscp (pc) or cyberduck (mac) and move the files around.
  7. coby!

coby! New Member

So I get that and add the background to the other theme's folder?
  8. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    1. ddownload and install winscp
    2. make sure SSH is turned on on your touch
    3. setup a connection to your touch (host=your touch IP address, username = root, password = alpine, port =22.
    4. you will get an explorer like interface where you see all the files on your touch. the summerboard themes are under /private/var/root/library/summerboard/themes
    5. get the icons that you like from one theme and copy them into the folder of the other theme ( i find that when i click copy it tries to do it to a previous folder. one way to make sure its done correctly is drag them to your desktop or somewhere, then go to the folder you theme folder you want to put them in and drag back
    6.good idea to rename the original wallpaper/icon in case you want to go back to it later.
    7.once youv copied the files you want, go back in to summerboard preferences on the touch and re-select the theme to update with the new images.
  9. a9205

a9205 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    summerboard

or on siummerboard go 2 custom icons use and say errr...........no