How to upgrade the itouch 1g??

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by johnnyanh, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnnyanh

johnnyanh New Member

hi guys, i'm a new member and have no idea about my new ( second hand) itouch. It's a jailbreak and version is 1.1.5 Now i want to upgrade the firmware and everything to get the games inside. Can u tell me where and how can i upgrade for my itouch 8gb ??? it's 1g i think and it's big 8gb. Please help me

THanks
  2. 560cool

560cool Member

well... get iTunes via www.apple.com and get ready and started. plug th eiPod in and the new firmware window will pop up. u must only folow the intructions and you will have a new and great 2.2.1 firmware.

simple!

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. johnnyanh

johnnyanh New Member

thanks, but the problem is alot of reviews comment that the firmware didn't working with their itouch, however some have to restore it. so i just don't want to waste my money for the thing, which can't use. Any member at here do it??? if u did please let me know then i will buy it. Just want to make sure it will work

Thanks
  4. kalpa11

kalpa11 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    Well if you are scared about trying out 2.2.1 you can just download the update manually from this website <REDACTED>

And instead of downloading 2.2.1 try 2.2 or 2.1. Make sure you are getting the right one though because there are updates for different ipods. for your one you would need one that says Ipod Touch 1G (2.1/5F137) then go to itunes and while holding down the shift button on your keyboard press update and then find the update file you downloaded from the website. Hope this clarified it a bit.
  5. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Just get 2.2.1 and jailbreak with QuickPwn. The people who have had problems have done something wrong, I'll guarantee you that.
  6. johnnyanh

johnnyanh New Member

i already download quickpwn, but it said only work with firmware 2.x and my firmware is1.1.5(4b1). Please help me found out the quickqwn version which one suited with my firmware. I think this 1 is safer more than update by manual right?
  7. PriteSprite

PriteSprite Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    REAL ANSWER

- buy it. In iTunes, update your iPod to the latest version. This a very safe procedure but will cost you 10 dollars.

- get it for free (illegal). I did this method. <REDACTED>

Use either. After that, you can then jailbreak your iPod!
  8. johnnyanh

johnnyanh New Member

I downloaded the iPod1_1_2.0.2_5C1_Restore.zip, when i extra it, only the foder and some types of the file. I opened itunes and hold Shift then clip to update. But when i choose the fofer which i extracted before but nothing inside there. However i can't find ipsw-file. Please help
  9. johnnyanh

johnnyanh New Member

Still like that. Please sent to me ur firmware!!
  10. johnnyanh

johnnyanh New Member

Guys, can u tell me "jailbreak" what is that for?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.