iOS 4.1 How to update pwned to pwned?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by savage24x, Sep 20, 2010.

1. savage24x

savage24x Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Mods, u can move this if it is in the wrong section.

So I plan on updating from 4.0 jailbroken by redsn0w to 4.1 jailbroken by sn0wbreeze. I have an iPod touch 2g MB model. I have aptbackup and appbackup. What do I have to do to not lose anything? And how do I save the appbackup data and put the data back on my device? The tarballs folder or something like that right? The appbackup nor aptbackup have worked for me before. Can someone write a tutorial? Or just give me a general idea on what to do? I'm not new to jb'ing, but I've always had problems with this. Should I use the iTunes backup feature also?
  2. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    It really depends on what you did to your device in the first place; I like to rewrite the .strings and .artwork files to my liking. I basically tweak a TON by myself. If you did any of that stuff, you need to write down what it is you did and just do what you did again. The basics include backing up notes, contacts, and themes.

Most things you need to backup are in /private/var/mobile/Library

Your emulator saves are in /private/var/mobile/Media/ROMs
  3. savage24x

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    what about the itunes backup? APTbackup says it saves a text file on the system and when you do a itunes backup and restore from the backup, that list is there... is that true? and what about AppBackup? i do i get the tarballs folder to work? i cant change the permissions to 775 in iFunbox. WinSCP doesnt work anymore, it used to, but now it loses connection randomly.
  4. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Put iPod on DFU mode and restore to the pwned 4.1
    I dont see why there would be any problems

edit: dont restore from a backup
    I never do, i generally causes random issues when restoring from jail broken backups
  5. savage24x

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    i know dfu mode and restore and update and all that stuff. all i want to know is how to save from appbackup and aptbackup and change their permissions to 775 in ifunbox. and does anyone know if they actually work?

Edit: can i copy the whole prvate/var/mobile/library folder? or will that screw up anything? and im gonna copy the whole thing back after the 4.1 jb
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    is pk backup the same as aptbackup?