How to update nes to 2.0.2?

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by dashcs, Dec 27, 2007.

1. dashcs

dashcs New Member

I have version nes 2.0.1 on my Ipod touch

But according to the author of the nes app,its at version 2.0.2

How can i install that update on my ipod touch?
  2. Overspeed

Overspeed New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    This is pretty easy. Go to the developer site and download the latest version. Save locally and uncompress zip. You will have a folder NES.app. Make sure you have uninstalled the previous version. Now use WinSCP to upload the new app to the ipod. Make sure it gets installed in the Applications folder in the root of the ipod. When done go into the NES.app folder and set permission of the main program to 775.

I did this and it works fine. I would note however that this new version did not seem to fix any of the audio performance issues.

Robert
  3. iGabe Touch

iGabe Touch New Member

If i update, but keep the same BIOS file, will my saved games be erased? Pokémon for example.
  4. Overspeed

Overspeed New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm not sure that the NES app has a sepatate bios file that needs to be installed as the psx and gba emu's do. When I manually installed the 2.0.2 NES app, I did not need to add a bios file to make it work.

That said, if the NES app works the same as the other emu's, the save game files will be in the ROMs folder and not in the application folder .. so in theory you would not loose your save games if you uninstalled the previous version through the installer. I would invite others with a better knowledge of the savegame file format to correct me if i'm wrong.
  5. zerox7

zerox7 New Member

I'm sorry, but where do you manually download NES 2.0.2 update. I've been searching on the forums and other places, but NES is harder to install than PSX and GBA for me lol.