How to update music on my iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iPod-Touch, Nov 28, 2008.

1. iPod-Touch

iPod-Touch New Member

Hi All,
    I bought a new iPod Touch recently, and since it is my first one, am still playing around with it's features. ( am using iTunes 8 ) However, I am having trouble with 1 thing : how can I add more songs without deleting those I already have? I found few similar posts but somehow it didn't help me when I tried what was suggested.
    I would like to delete the many gigabytes of songs from my HD after I put it in my iPod coz it just doesn't make sense for me to have them stored everywhere. So when I want to add some new songs I see that after I sync, the old ones are being deleted from my iPod.
    I tried manual sync but even in that when I check/uncheck that check-box in "Music" tab of my iPod it gives me a message which is something like - ".... all existing songs on the iPod will be removed ...".

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks all.
  2. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I would suggest you keep your music on your hard drive also. If your ipod crashes, you will want those songs as backup. Check manually manage music and restart itunes. Notice should not re-appear.