<HOW TO> Unjailbreak completely

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wammybar6, Apr 16, 2009.

1. wammybar6

wammybar6 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Really, I've seen some people get into a bit of trouble with their iPod Touch or iPhone after trying to unjailbreak by just clicking restore, well to get around trouble, THIS is what to do.

Step 1. You need to put it into DFU mode. To do this you need to first turn it off while it is plugged in and open itunes. Then you hold down both buttons for about 8 seconds, then release the power button BUT CONTINUE HOLDING HOME until itunes gives you this message
    [​IMG]

Step 2. Download the original, unpwned 2.2.1 firmware if you do not already have it.

Step 3. On iTunes, Click OK on the message and hold down shift, fn, ctrl, start or alt (whichever one opens a window) and click restore. It should come up with a window, locate and select the new firmware. Click open on iTunes and it should restore.
    [​IMG]

Step 4. Your iPod should then restore to brand new condition and no Jailbroken material can be found by Apple.
  2. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Nice guide. I like the fact you included pictures....

OT: What is the symbol in your avatar with the i and the picture of an apple?
  3. johonto

johonto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    how do i jailbreak?
  4. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Are you being serious?
  5. johonto

johonto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

lol, it had to be done
  6. et94

et94 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    wow thanks this will be useful when i accidently drop my ipod touch and it breaks i've bookmarked it too:)
  7. SpeedOlight

SpeedOlight New Member

hey! i seem to have a problem. the matter is that i can't restore back to 2.1.1 or either update without having problems. anyone can guide me thru?
  8. kathorxe14

kathorxe14 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    just wanna ask how long should it take when the word "waiting for your ipod" appears? Because i've waited for almost i hour and still waiting for ipod. I dont know what the problem is.. Hope some one can help me. Thanks
  9. litokhmaikid

litokhmaikid New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    It should take about 2 seconds to show the message. If your waiting for more then 30 seconds for the message then ur ipod is not in DFU mode.