How to "Unhide" Your Applications

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Mint-Berry Crunch, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Mint-Berry Crunch

Mint-Berry Crunch Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Hello, recently there have been too many threads about people's application's being hidden and this post will tell you how to unhide them.

First Step: If you havent already done so already, install using this method: This will allow for the reordering of application icons using the rBST feature.

Second Step: Open (should be a rainbow looking icon) and click rBST. Then scroll to the very bottom and you should see a category called "Hidden". Move all the icons EXCEPT "DemoApp" to the category above, Extended Springboard. Click "Save" on the top of the screen. Press the home button.

Third Step: Springboard should now reset itself.

If your icons are still hidden, SFTP into the device and verify that 1) the application exists 2) permissions are set correctly 3) it is in the right location. If this still does not fix your problem, reinstall the application or if necessary install a program called "" (in the and all your applications should be shown.

Thank You, I will revise this if I need to.
  2. jarobata

jarobata New Member

Oct 20, 2007
    I got customize to run but I can't seem to manipulate the springboard. I'm guessing this app still isn't fully functional with the touch
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Rename open your N45AP.plist file as N45AP.plist.original; then open the file.

Step 2) Scroll down until you find the app that you want to hide. It will be in the "Special" key. It will look something like this:
    That is what is known as its identifier.

Step 3) Highlight everything surrounding the identifier, from <dict> to </dict> and cut.

Step 4) Just above the "Special" key, you'll see more apps identified the same way. Paste what you just cut anywhere in that list that you want, so long as you follow the appropriate syntax. Where you paste the app is where it will be in the list of icons on your SpringBoard.

Step 5) Save the file as N45AP.plist and reboot.

**Note that if this does not work, just rename the N45AP.plist.original that you just created as N45AP.plist

**Note, if your screen shows no icons at all, then you made a simple mistake in your cutting and pasting. Reopen your N45AP.plist and look carefully for mistakes.