[HOW TO] unbrick bricked ipod!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by azz2811, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azz2811

azz2811 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    *********mods Please Delete***********

ok so i bricked my ipod accidentally and i figured a way to unbrick it (well i worked with mine) so you have your bricked ipod if you have any means of turning the screen on turn it off. so make sure your screen is black (ipods off) before you do this then close itunes if its open connect the ipod cable to your computer but not to the ipod. Then hold the home button and at the same time connect the ipod to your computer. Your ipod should show the connect to itunes symbol and then i tunes will automatically open:D

this should un-brick your ipod hopefully then you can update to any firmware but if you get an error just click restore not shift restore:D

give me feed back if it works or not thanks

it can only fix some ipods/iphones that only have software related issues but try it anyway!!
  2. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

sometimes bricked can mean completely useless from any kind of restore. My friend has to do some hardware modding to get his iphone to work this update around. This is completely bricking it. Where the circuits inside just fux up lol
  3. azz2811

azz2811 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    yeah but it can fix some where its just the software not the hardware
  4. PhoisGOOD

PhoisGOOD New Member

DUDE this pisses me off , IF ITS BRICKED IT MEANS NOT FIXABLE! so if you do fix it IT WAS NEVER BRICKED and its called restore mode btw which is posted on the forum already, in the same section too, and its stickied!
  5. azz2811

azz2811 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    yeah sort of just figured that out just after i had posted this but theres no way to delete the thred
  6. WallabeeChamp

WallabeeChamp New Member

so what can make i ipod touch brick???
  7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

What does unbricking mean? Does it mean jailbreaking?

I have a new ipod and hear everyone talking about unbricking what does that mean?
  8. SPGreenawalt

SPGreenawalt Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Bricking is a issue in any device when it is rendered useless. People recall iPod Touch/iPhone bricked when it doesn't boot connect to itunes and so on.

Bricked literly means IT IS A BRICK A WASTE OF SPACE UNUSABLE (BESIDES HITTING SOMEONE IN THE HEAD WITH).

It is rare (probably never been done or 1-10 devices similar to a iPod been bricked throughout the years) I never seen a brick myself. All people need to do is either restore or enter dfu mode then your fine. Just gotta know what your doing. Hope i cleared some stuff up. :)
  9. k4r1mm

k4r1mm New Member

Does that work with an iPod touch 4g that won't turn on ? It just get hot when I charge it. But nothing. It won't boot, no Apple logo, no DFU mode, just a black screen.
    It was working perfectly and one day I hit the sleep button and later when I try to use it, it didn't turn on. Is it officially dead?
  10. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 7
    Umm I don't thInk it's bricked, i think your iPod is broken.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.