[How-To/Tutorial] Install Most Delnoch Themes

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by gigorga, May 16, 2009.

1. gigorga

gigorga New Member

First to start off, I am a little bit intermediate at jailbreaking and customization on the iPod Touch and iPhone I have taught myself how to do this so please notify me any problems or issues you have with your iPod touch, iPhone, or any mistakes in the thread. Please take time to read through this whole tutorial before you ask any questions.

,Alan

P.S I have not been on a forum site in some time so I am probably a little rusty again please notify me any mistakes or errors in my thread thank you.

What you need

-Categories

-iBlank

-Winterboard

-Cydia

-SBSettings or BossPrefs (Whichever)

-A Jailbroken iTouch or iPhone (Obviously)

-A sensible knowledge of SSH (So I don't have to add how to SSH in my Tutorial as well.)

-And depending on which theme you might need a different program which I haven't tried yet but I'm sure somebody in this thread would help you if you asked instead of PM'ing me yet I don't mind PM's but I doubt I will be on.

Step 1.

First of all, download the theme you wish to have from Delnoch from here Delnoch Themes/Mods

Step 2.

Once you have accomplished that extract the following with any of the extracting program for example there is WinRar, 7zip, WinZip, and just google some if you can't seem to download any of the three I have just named.
    Google

Step 3.

After extracting the theme you have desired depending on what theme it is, it can range to installing all the Widgets inside the Main theme folder. For example I am going to use a theme with Widgets just to show you how to do it and what to change. First for ones with widgets you go to normally the Widgets folder inside the Main Theme Folder and you will see the widgets ex. Clock, Calendar, Configs, Lockscreen, Weather, etc. Once you see those you go to your FTP program (For SSH users) then go to /private/var/stash/Themes.XXXXX (The X's are different numbers for every different iTouch/iPhone) once you are there you, Right Click on an empty space> go to New> Then Directory> make a folder for the widget you are using (ex. Clock Widget).

Step 4.

Once you have accomplished that go inside the folder and grab the files from ex. Clock Widget and place them inside your Clock Widget directory in your FTP client (Your SSH program). Once you have done that repeat the exact same thing with all the widgets. When you are done usually most themes from Delnoch will have a Config Widget folder go inside and you will see: WidgetsName-Config.js for all of them. Most of them don't matter unless you are good at JavaScripting and wish to mod your widget but otherwise just go right click Weather-Config.js and press edit. When you are in look for this line: var locale = "Bangkok, Thailand"
    Change what's inside the " " to your city and state or country or etc example is Miami, Florida but sometimes if it doesn't work you have find this line which is usually right on top of it:

/* Two methodes to set up your location depending on the source:
    accuWeather: 'City, State' (e.g. 'Karlsruhe, Germany')
    yahooWeather: 'US zip' or 'location code' (e.g. Uk Dumbarton = UKXX0663 ) */

It's pretty self explanatory there. For some they require a city ID and some other themes you just change the city and state.

Step 5.

Once you have changed the Weather's widget settings for your country and city simply go back to your FTP client (SSH program) and go right back to /private/var/stash/Themes.XXXXX and add another Directory as the name of the Theme. Ex. Lambo Theme, Ex2. Ferrari Theme. Once you have done that go to your main source folder and highlight all the folders except for the Widgets folder but if you wish you may add it as well I didn't see a difference. But don't press it in Winterboard yet!

Step 6.

Once you have accomplished the following 1-5 steps go inside your main source folder (not in SSH/FTP client on your desktop or wherever you saved it) and go to the "Icons" folder from there you should be able to see all the apps that are compatible with the theme if you wish and are really good at adobe or photoshop and wish to make your own icon then go right ahead it's an open source for all of us. Look at all the icons that are compatible with the source.

Step 7.

When you have finished open up Categories and make two folders name one "Games" and the second one "Apps" put all your games except for the ones that are compatible with the source and have icons in the folder and same with the apps.

Step 8.

Once you finished organizing your applications and games open up BossPrefs or SBSettings and go to Dock Applications and add the most important ones you need such as Winterboard, Cydia, Settings/Preferences, App Store, Games Folder, App folders unless your theme is compatible with most of these applications then don't add them but if they aren't add them into the dock.

Step 9.

We are on I believe the final step of completing the Delnoch or any other like theme. When you have completed putting the apps that aren't compatible with your theme into the two folders "Apps" and "Games" simply place the applications that are compatible in order as either follow one of the theme pictures Delnoch has or the preview inside the Source folder or inside the icon folder see which icons are upwards and which are down once you have completed putting them in order on how they look congratulations you have completed making a Delnoch theme work on your iTouch/iPhone.

The only one thing I wasn't able to figure out was how to get the Lockscreen to work every time I tried it would never show up I'd only get the widgets from the lockscreen not the background so I simply use Icy or Cydia to get myself a nice Lockscreen if somebody would post how to install a Lockscreen I would greatly and deeply appreciate it. Thank you for reading my tutorial on How-To install Delnoch Themes and Mod

,Alan.

P.S: If I have any mistakes please post them nicely not with any flame thank you very much.

Credits:

Alan (Me)

Delnoch (Idk who he is

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

MyComputer

P.S.S: And please before you go on copying my thread and pasting it on another website please contact me first so I can approve your action thank you very much once again.

Edit: Another thing I couldn't find to add was the Music/iPod icon and the video icon I don't know how to turn them into iPod and Video I heard something about MobileMusicPlayer Flip but I already have it but it doesn't turn the icons to the iPod and Video ones. Hope someone can help.
  2. OCP

OCP Member

Device:
    iPod touch

Having the exact same issue
  3. gigorga

gigorga New Member

Um, I know your banned but others might have this issue as well so I'm gonna post anyways. You need to add a source that has the MobileMusicPlayerFlip which is the modmyi.com repo. You need to respring once installed.

Code:
    http://apt.modmyi.com/
    I've had this up for a long time and I only get one comment lol

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. eg0tism

eg0tism New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sweet!
    I'll check it out.
  5. simeezee

simeezee New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    What I did was I renamed the icon include in the icons folder. hehe. works just fine.
  6. LeSnak

LeSnak New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  7. gigorga

gigorga New Member

Easy just set up before you use the theme in winterboard, first make the appropriate apps at the top ridge and the 3rd row the second row make all of blanks. You need to then follow the bottom order as Notes, Pictures (I think), Fontswap, I don't know what the lollipop is sorry, but just look at the icons while you are ssh'ing they usually tell you the names of the Apps and just follow them to that picture =].

To look at the icons go to the main folder then to the .icons I believe folder then just look at them and add some if you are good with photoshop.
  8. vanden9

vanden9 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Can anyone put this on a repo?
  9. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Why bother putting a tutorial on a repo?
  10. dgxnil

dgxnil Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    lol why would anyone put a tutorial on a repo o.o