How to turn off Backgrounder

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by DJ0ker, Apr 17, 2009.

1. DJ0ker

DJ0ker New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okey I just found out in the other thread that I could use backgrounder to keep my safari running & downloading without having to stay on safari. It's super cool however I read that it also a terrific battery sucker so if I dont have the need for it can I turn it off by Bosspref or Sbsetting or watever

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. chavanak

chavanak Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well you cant turn it off in that way all you have to do is open the app (safari) and hold the home button until the app quits. Also you can use processes addon for sb settings and manuall kill all processes running in the background.
  3. ninesevennine_979

ninesevennine_979 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Backgrounder doesn't even automatically keep your processes running if you simply press the Home button (as usual) to quit the app. As far as i know, holding the Home button for a few seconds brings up a screen that says "Release Home to enable backgrounding for this app" or something like that. If you continue holding the Home button, it will simply force-quit the app as usual.

And as chavanak said, you can get the Processes add-on for SBSettings in Cydia to manually kill any running apps.
  4. DJ0ker

DJ0ker New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah I already know that. I just wanna know if there is a toogle of that app for SBsetting or Bosspref to turn that completely off because if I forget which apps I set to run in background, wouldn't that be such a tragedy as the battery will drain a lot ?
  5. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just get SysInfoPlus and kill the apps that are running in the background.
    This will stop them being backgrounded and, unless you have turned them on inside the backgrounder app itself, will prevent them being backgrounded again untill you say so.
  6. DJ0ker

DJ0ker New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeh I downloaded SysInfoPlus but it was too advanced and I dont get it at all. So can U explain to me as simply as possible how do I use it to stop all the apps fromm running in the background unintentionally