How to Transfer Music and Video From Itouch Into PC/Windows

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kinco, Jan 30, 2008.

1. kinco

kinco New Member

hi...im new here...

i just wanna ask how to transfer music and video my new itouch into my PC/Windows. I used to be using senuti or irib to do that from my ipod photo. but now, i can not use that software anymore. i found iphone drive (only mac),but i didnt find the serial number...because i need to use a freeware or the shareware....or...the iphonedrive/touchcopy serial number

thanks guys..

i hope you can help me out
  2. daviddragon

daviddragon New Member

3. mariape

mariape New Member

have you tried using copytrans ? This app Rocks!
  4. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    i use copytrans all the time. an excellent set of tools

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. mariape

mariape New Member

6. ipoditunes

ipoditunes New Member

steps to transfer music from ipod to computer

1. Connect the iPod to the computer it normally gets synced to. In iTunes, under Devices (in the source pane), select your iPod.
    2. Under the iPod’s summary, select Enable Disk Use.
    3. In the computer that you want to transfer music to, open iTunes, go to edit>preferences>advanced>general, (the screen will probably already come up under the general tab) and make sure Keep iTunes Music Folder Organized and Copy files to iTunes Music Folder when adding to library are checked. If they are not checked, check them.
    4. Close iTunes. This is very important, because later when you connect your iPod, it could auto sync and delete all the songs on your ipod (iTunes normally warns you in such cases, but it’s better safe than sorry!)
    5. Make sure you can view hidden files, so go to MyComputer>Tools>Folder Options>View, then scroll down until you see Hidden Files and Folders. Click on Show hidden files and folders, if it is not already applied. Click OK. If you are using Windows Vista Home Premium, you will need to go to Control Panel>Folder Options>View.
    6. Connect the iPod. Itunes may ask if you want to link your iPod to this new computer. Click No.
    7. Go to MyComputer. You should see the iPod as a removable device (since you enabled disk use). Click on your iPod.
    8. Open iPod Control. You will see a folder called music.
    9. Right click on the music folder, click properties. In the general tab, in the attribute section, uncheck Read-only and Hidden.
    10. A message should pop-up that says “Confirm Attribute Changes,” select apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files.
    11. Right-click on the music folder and select copy.
    12. Navigate to MyMusic. Open the iTunes folder, and open iTunes music. Click paste. Chill a bit.
    13. In itunes, File>Add Folder to Library…>My Music>Itunes> Music; click add. Voila! You should see a whole bunch of music come in, Itunes will give names to all the songs (since the file names are random four letter names--the file names are still within the file) and organize them.
    14. Authorize any songs you have bought from the iTunes store.Log into itunes, and click authorize. You can authorize up to five computers.
  7. meteorita

meteorita New Member

Music transfer using itunes

hey ive tried to use ur method but for the 1st step i can not find the option to use as a pen device on my itunes? it it because I have the 8.0 version that they v problably eliminated?

thanks for the input.
  8. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    This is from December 5 of last year.

You won't get an answer.

Just use Sharepod.
  9. chai1707

chai1707 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch