How to transfer apps from one ipod touch to another via bluetooth

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ipodtouch8gbjailbroken, Jun 4, 2010.

1. ipodtouch8gbjailbroken

ipodtouch8gbjailbroken New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi,
    Is there anyway to transfer apps from one ipod touch to another through something like bluetooth??

Thank you
  2. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    AFAIK, I don't think this is possible as yet... The feature on the iPod touch is used only for pairing with BT-enabled headsets...

Correct me if I'm wrong though!
  3. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    No sorry you can't.
  4. Jayden

Jayden Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You can't it's not possible as of yet.
  5. Toilet Duck

Toilet Duck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Assuming you own the other Touch, I think you have to sync your other device on the same computer/account (up to a max of 5 devices per account iirc). Theres currently no wireless way of sharing apps, and Apple being Apple there probably never will be a way of doing this. Obviously iTunes will wipe any existing apps and music etc when it does this. But you'll be able to get your apps put on your other device.

If you don't own the other Touch, then that's commonly called piracy, and is generally frowned on as essentially its a form of theft.
  6. iDaMan

iDaMan New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    Since you say your iPod is jailbroken, then you can. I did this and was successful. It also works for ALL other files on your iPod Touch. Just do this:

1. Download iBluenova off Cydia.
    2. Open it.
    3. Touch where it says, "Visible". This will make you detectable by others, and will turn your bluetooth on.
    4. Make sure the other device is also jailbroken, has iBluenova, and is "Visible".
    5. Make sure all above steps have been completed.
    6. Connect to the other device by touching the option that would make sense (I forget it's name). It should search around for other devices. Touch the one that you want.
    7. There's a thing called "Browse" or something. Touch it. Then browse through your iPod until you get to the Applications folder (you can find where it is by Google).
    8. Once you've found the file, touch it, and then you should either get a pop-up with options or you have to touch a button in the bottom of the screen. (It looks like the button that is in Pictures that lets you email the picture).
    9. Touch that option.
    10. It should begin to send the file. If done correctly, it should work.

P.S. If this isn't clear, or something doesn't work, just Google to find out. iBluenova is a pretty common app.
    P.S.S. [REMOVED]