[HOW TO] TeamSpeak/Ventrilo for iPod Touch 2G (indirect way)

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by ghost1337, Oct 5, 2008.

1. ghost1337

ghost1337 New Member

I thought about how to get ts2/ventrilo to iPod-Touch...
    So here's my idea:

You need:
    -2x Soundcard
    -2x VoIP account (e.g. Skype)
    -working mic for itouch 2G (e.g. Philips SHH1610)
    -2x 3,5mm Jack
    -fring running on your itouch
    -Skype running on your PC
    -Ts2/Vent running on your PC

Ok, now the idea...
    at first I made a little sketch: http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tsvoipnz8.jpg

So you connect your two Soundcards with the two 3,5mm Jacks.
    Line-out to line-in and line-in to line-out.
    Now you have to configure your Teamspeak and Skype software wich are running on your PC.

Ts2 settings: Goto, Settings -> Options -> Sound-Devices
    If you are there select for input- and output-device your Soundcard A

Skype settings: Goto, Tools -> Options -> Audio settings
    Select Soundcard B for "Microphone" and "Speakers"

Now it's nearly done. You can now start Teamspeak and connect to the server you want to. You have to start Skype on your PC and on your iTouch(fring) now and be sure, that you login with two different accounts

Please Register or Log in to view images

Now you can call your PC with your iPod-Touch and if you speak about your iPod the people on the TeamSpeak server can here you (and if they speak, you will here them)
    Once connected about Skype with your PC you can talk everywere in wifi range.

One dissadvantage is that you have to be next to your PC, because your PC doesn't accept calls automatically. So if you are away from home at a wifi hotspot or something else you need a remote controle app that lets you control your PC from anywere in the world and lets you accept Skype calls. It may work with "Intelliremote" (find it at the App-Store)

This are just my THOUGHTS about how to get TeamSpeak to iPod Touch. And becouse I can't program a ts2 app for the iTouch i made this indirect way.

I didn't tested it yet becouse my Philips-SHH1610 hasn't arrived yet. So it's just a theory. But I think it will work the way I described it.
    If anyone could test this it would be great! Some feedback would also be nice.

P.s.: Sorry for my bad english

2. tylobedo

tylobedo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    how this is a great idea! i have an iphone (witch has a built in mic) so i may just test this right know.

Also if you download backgrounder from cydia you can run fring in the background and switch over to a vnc app to control your pc, accept the call, then go back to fring.
  3. dis1krazyazn

dis1krazyazn New Member

I just thought of having TS and Vent on my iPhone today. I google'd it and came across a couple of these topics on the Teamspeak forums.

I found an APP that works

Go to the App Store and Search PhoneSpeex
    http://appshopper.com/social-networking/phonespeex

I was very weary of buying it since it's $5 and no one has reviewed it yet. But I seriously just bought and installed it since my TeamSpeak on my PC is lagging because my family is downloading stuff, and it works! You can't chat with anyone yet since they're still trying to add that on among with some other stuff. But I'm talking to other members in one of the Teamspeak's I go into and it's crazy. They say that my voice is a little higher, but it's probably because the mic on my computer is different from my phone quality. Also, you need to be connected to Wi-Fi to use this, it's just like Skype and Fring on the iPhone. They don't want people stealing their services, so you have to be connected to Wi-Fi, which isn't too bad since there are many hot spots!
  4. Szteto

Szteto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I actually just tested your theory, quite successfully I might add...It's a cool concept, and works as a viable substitute, couple with it VNC and you can change channels too

5. TheCurve78

TheCurve78 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    There is an app. For teamspeak called phone speekx. It is teamspeak. Only works on the ts2 servers. And for kicks for xfire use iblaze.
  6. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    mega bump ftw lol
  7. TheCurve78

TheCurve78 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Well when people like me google and get this site then bumping old threads is usially nice. Especially when I posted 2 apps to help the next person that comes by.