How to take the jailbreak out of Ipod for warranty

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Nht, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Nht

Nht New Member

Hey all I wanted to take the jailbreak out of my ipod to send it in for warranty purposes. If I do a factory restore, is there any way that Apple will know that it was jailbroken? A blank white screen just appears when I turn it on and restore nor reset worked.
  2. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

As long as you manage to restore it, Apple will never know it was jailbroken.

Also, from my experience Apple Store employees won't give a damn if it's jailbroken; I went in and asked what their "stance" was, and the guy said that they had all jailbroken their iPods, and that if I took it to them, they'd fix it for me before sending it off to Apple.
  3. x6blues

x6blues New Member

try hooking it up to ur computer if itll connect and run iphuc, then press enterrecovery then try to restore if ur it wont work. or force restore. i hope this helps and that apple doesnt notice, thatll wont be good considering ur out of a 300 to 400 dollar ipod
  4. spark

spark New Member

Is it sure that recovering the ipoT is enough to make apple not recognize it was jailbroken? I read something about some part of the memory not being erased during restore and i wonder if that may throw up some problems. My damn clicker (speaker) has stopped working a few days ago, and now even the sleep/wake button doesn't work anymore. This is the second time my touch has to be sent in, i'm getting a little pissed considering the price i paid.
  5. _Flux_

_Flux_ New Member

there is a way they could find out i it was jailbroken, no matter what you do, but lets be honest nobody is going to be bothered to put that much work into it, a factory restore will do you just fine :] they wont know the difference.
  6. JapanIsMyHome

JapanIsMyHome New Member

just restore it.. you will be fine