How to sync photos with subfolders?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chaoscreater, Apr 6, 2010.

1. chaoscreater

chaoscreater New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    OK, this is really starting to annoy me, only been using my iPod for 2 days, now having all sorts of problems. Can't download Cydia even though blackra1n is installed, and my WIFI works perfectly fine on my ipod Touch, and now i can't even sync photos properly.....sigh.

Ok so the problem is, i tried to sync my photo albums. I like to keep things organized, so i have multiple sub-categories.

e.g.

My Friends
    -->Parties
    -->Trips
    -->Countries

So what i did was i went to iTunes, and synced the "My Friends" folder, as it contains all the subfolders within it. After that's done i then view the photos on my ipod touch, and WTF it just shows all the photos in one folder, there are NO subfolders at all.

I then tried to use iTunes and select the individual subfolders folders to sync by syncing them one at a time, but then i found out that for every new sync, the previous folders will be deleted. Basically, any folder that's not ticked will be deleted (un-sync) from your ipod Touch, so you can either sync one particular subfolder, or sync a root folder that contains all the subfolders within it (but all the photos will be placed in one folder on your ipod Touch, and there will be no subfolders created).

So is there a solution for this?? Any apps that can view subfolders?? I know there is DataCase but i want to preview the photos in full view, just like the default ipod Touch photo album. Datacase only previews in a small size, and zooming in gets annoying for every photo i wanna preview.

I already Googled for the past 30 mins and it seems tons of people have the same problem....
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    make itunes sync My Friends, dont let it open any further folders, that should make it sync all of them.
  3. Volcomstone000095

Volcomstone000095 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If it possible, copy all of the pictures from the 3 folders into one folder. Try to then sync the one folder. Also did you try to CTRL + click the individual subfolders to get iTunes to import them all? Try that and tell me how it goes

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. chaoscreater

chaoscreater New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You did not read my question properly. I DON'T want all the pictures in one folder, i want iTunes to sync the subfolders as well, i want to be able to view the pictures on my iPod and that they're organized and grouped into their respective sub-folders, just like how i organized them on my computer. Instead, what i get is all the pictures from all 3 folders into one, that makes it hard to find the exact pictures i want since i have over 1000+.

I can sync the individual folders fine, and all the pictures are synced to my iPod fine, but i don't want all of them in one folder.

CTRL + click does not work either.

I did, but it doesn't create the subfolders in my ipod touch.
  5. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    what format are the pictures in?
  6. chaoscreater

chaoscreater New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    jpeg. Just the usual standard formats.
  7. badboy.mjk

badboy.mjk New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    You just can't simply create sub folders that's one of the many annoying things about the iDevices
    they only have three categories: Saved photos Camera photos and Photo album something along the lines of that
  8. chaoscreater

chaoscreater New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    why not?? So what do i do to solve this??

And i think i got it working a bit, not quite fully but it's working a little. Read this:

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=96651&postcount=7

that kinda worked, say i have my master/main/root folder called "Photo Albums", and INSIDE that folder i have several sub-folders, e.g. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

Now after i synced the photos to my ipod, i can see the sub-folders (1,2,3,4,5) listed, but they should be inside the Photo Albums folder. Basically, i see 6 folders, and the sub-folders are NOT inside the "Photo Albums" folder, so it's as if they're their own individual folders by themselves.

AND, i also have folders within the sub-folders, so say in folder 1, i have another folder inside it called 1-1. Well, i don't see that folder, all the photos that are in the folder 1-1 within folder 1 are all inside folder 1. I.e, there are no folders within the sub-folders, all the photos are just put into one folder, so it's pretty much a repeat of the very problem i'm having.

Anyway at least i can see my subfolders now, just not the sub-sub folders......

i hope that made sense...

it seems some people got it working by using different programs like aperture or iPhoto etc, and it seems that Apple has ignored this problem for the past 2 years or so, it seems it's always like this for their photo apps or other apps as well......it's kinda stupid if you ask me, why will anyone wanna have 3000+ photos in one folder instead of being organized and categorized??
  9. badboy.mjk

badboy.mjk New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    ohk I was wrong then anyways the same thing for the PSP we can see sub-folders just not sub-sub-folder I think if you edited the .plist in DCIM i think you might be able to change it but don't ask me how i have no idea how to edit those things
  10. chaoscreater

chaoscreater New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    actually, PSP lets you view sub-sub folders. EVERYTHING is possible, you just have to find a solution for it

Please Register or Log in to view images

I actually own a PSP as well, and hacked it myself too. It's running 5.50 GEN-D.

You can view sub-sub folders with PSP using the "Game Categroies" plugin, and there was another one i forgot but it lets you create several subfolders for your games and homebrew apps etc, as well as pictures etc etc.

I believe it's the same for ipod touch, since i know that other people did get it working on theirs. I'm pretty sure i can get the sub-sub folders working since i did get the sub-folders working (sort of). At least now i get 6 folders, instead of just one folder with 3000+ photos.

Damn this is why i hate Apple, i only got the ipod touch coz of the stuff u can do with jailbreaking.