how to sync iTunes U to iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by neverover, Sep 11, 2009.

1. neverover

neverover Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    anyone? i just downloaded itunes u files to my itunes 9. when i sync it to my ipod, i cant see it anywhere. i have checked music, video, podcast, every thing, but i cant find my itunes u files. is it hidden somewhere? or it just dont sync? thank you guys

Please Register or Log in to view images

ive searched and didnt find anything. hehe
  2. neverover

neverover Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
  3. emery72

emery72 New Member

4. Sharky99

Sharky99 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I watched this video and it's no help. I have downloaded educational podcasts from ITunes U and they were sitting there in the ITunes U folder on my desk top.
    I clicked the ipod symbol on the left and then the Itunes U tab on the top on the right. Then the sync button in there.

Stuff just isn't that obvious on the Apple software I think. It needs to be a bit more visible in the layout.

Hope that helps
  5. claireb

claireb New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was having the same problem and I may have a solution for you. If the ITunes U podcasts were just audio, you will find them in the "Music" Playlists, under ITunes U. Hope this helps!
  6. HCube

HCube New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Found it!

Found this thread while trying to find an answer to the same question. You may have found the answer since the question was originally posted, but if I was looking for an answer and found this thread, others may do the same.

If you download any iTunesU content that's VIDEO, you will find it on your iPod Touch by clicking the Videos icon (same one you'd use to watch ANY videos) and iTunesU content will be alllllll the way at the bottom. If it's not listed there, make sure the content has been synced to your device after downloading it via iTunes on your home computer OR make sure it has completed downloading entirely if you're obtaining it solely through your iPod Touch.

Ta da!

By the way, I'm downloading a free class from Stanford on creating apps for the iPhone/iPod Touch. I'm thinking this stuff may end up being way over my head, but I digress. I just love that it's free and now I can tell people, "Oh yeah.. I took part in an in-depth class on iPhone app development from Stamford University. What did YOU do this weekend?"
  7. barky81

barky81 New Member

FYI: make sure iTunes desktop is set to sync iTunes U to your devices...

Obvious, I know. But it was the issue I had!

You have to enable sync of iTunes U content to any devices you want to view it own. These are in the sync options available when your device is actually connected to your PC in iTunes.

Please Register or Log in to view images