How to sync apps to my ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by CameraTester, Sep 13, 2010.

1. CameraTester

CameraTester New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Hey everyone. I have an iPod Touch 3g with 4.0.2 software and iTunes 10 (Just to throw that out if you need that info) and I had a problem with my computer. It had one of the new viruses, and my AVG Anti-Virus didn't get it, so I had to restore my computer to an image I made last week. I have iTunes on my computer now, and I am in the middle of transferring all of my app purchases onto my computer. I have over 200 applications, too many to fit on the limited amount of pages the ipod can hold, so I have them in folders, named by category, like "Photo editors" "Racing Games" "Offline tools" and "Online tools" things like that. On my ipod, I have 2 pages filled with folders. I suffer from migraines from looking at screens for a long period of time. Here is my problem: Since I reinstalled my system from the image, I go into iTunes, and go to my ipod, and click apps, and then the box that you check to sync apps isn't checked, and when you check it, it says all existing apps on the ipod will be replaced with the ones in my itunes library. Well, in a few minutes, all the apps will be in my library. The problem is that when I click the box, and click ok to that message, it doesn't delete all the apps on my ipod and replace them, it just takes them all out of the folders and scatters them all on the ipod, and in order to get them into the folders again, I will get a migraine and it takes about 45 minutes to an hour to get them all the way I want it. Is there any way to avoid this problem of the apps getting out of the folders and scattering all over the ipod? If I click revert once it does it, will it put them back in the folders? I really need help. Thank you all!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Do still have any backups? You could try restoring from a backup.