iOS 4.0 **HOW TO: Sync 4.0 with Windows!**

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by xXrkidXx, May 9, 2010.

1. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You will need to have both Operating Systems at hand, for the needs to be done fairly quickly, the iPod/iPhone has a battery you know.

What's Required.
    1. You MUST have your UDID registered. I'm not going to get in trouble and tell you how to circumvent the UDID checks, which is strictly against the rules.
    2. A Macintosh or a Hacint0sh usable(Borrow your neighbors for a couple minutes... Or the library's.)
    3. Newest version of iTunes on your Windows machine.
    4. OS 4.0 Beta IPSW. You should be able to get this is your a registered Developer. Meaning "No Piracy" Involved. NO TALK OF HOW TO GET IT. That's against the rules.

Get down to Business.
    Alright, boot up your Macintosh or Hac with your iPod unplugged.
    Connect to the internet, and open iTunes. Connect your iPod/iPhone now. Then Command Click Restore on your iPod/iPhone's screen(This is Windows buttons + Click on a Hackint0sh with a Windows Keyboard) Then allow it to restore.

Next step, once it's done restoring(You get the iPod Reboot popup in iTunes) UNPLUG YOUR IPOD. Do NOT allow anything to be synced, or set up on the Mac.

Boot up your Windows Machine and open iTunes. (This is where you NEED the latest version of iTunes installed) And now, you should be able to set up your iPod/iPhone in Windows!

I haven't tested this yet... Still downloading iTunes 9.1.1 >.<... Give some feedback on how this worked for you guys!
  2. i.think.different

i.think.different Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This has worked since it came out. All you do it install 4.0 on mac and then sync with windows machine.
  3. xXrkidXx

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yes, I'm pretty sure this guide says EXACTLY that. But I have seen no guides or talk of this yet so I figured I'd make a guide for the people who didn't know.
  4. Gotanks0407

Gotanks0407 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    there doesnt need to be a guide for this, you have always been able to do this, as 4.0 was done installing i walked over to my windows machine, reassigned it to this itunes and it all worked like regular. this is noting ground breaking at all. that is just how it has always worked.
  5. omokas

omokas Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I agree with i.think.different. I used iTunes on windows to sync my iPod Touch 3G 4.0b3 (I have UDID registered)

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. xXrkidXx

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Thanks for the positive comments on the guide I just wrote guys... I just thought there might be some people who didn't know about this yet.
  7. omokas

omokas Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Of course someone might not know about it. I have nothing against your guide. Its just that many people know how to do it. But its very good guide

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. xXrkidXx

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Thanks!
  9. tripdastati0n

tripdastati0n Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i didnt even need a guide to do this but yeah i did this since the software was relesed. I really like the beta 3 i only noticed one bug. (facebook loads pictures sideways)
  10. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I added the 'tutorial' tag to it, although I have to say it is a guide that covers something (I think) should be very obvious.