How to stop rotation while on Photos

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gammada, Jan 1, 2008.

1. gammada

gammada New Member

I've seen people asking abut a way to stop or avoid iPod from rotating your images while browsing them in Photo.

Say your watching a photo in portrait mode but for some reason you want to rotate the screen to get a different perspective but you don't want the image to move. If you just rotate the screen, the auto-rotate feature of the iPod will act upon and your image will turn out to be at the same angle as it was previously but with the added drawback of displaying it in a much smaller size.

I know you can use the zoom function but since iTunes limits the image size to 480x320 or 320x480 chances are, the result is going to be blurry. On the other hand part of the image is going to be cropped due to the screen aspect ratio difference.

To avoid this, follow either of these routes:

1. Before rotating your screen, make sure to keep one of your fingers touching the screen -preferably on some spot that does not interferes with your vision or with the subject of the image-. For some reason this prevents the iPod from rotating the image regardless of the device position -see below-.

2. Rotation is also avoided by using your iPod in a 90 degree angle -screen facing towards the sky- from your body (upright position).

Hope you'll find this helpful.
  2. adam05

adam05 New Member

good looking...this will help one day...i know it
  3. jake112493

jake112493 Member

thank you this will be usefull on of these days
  4. gammada

gammada New Member

You're welcome! One of these days.
  5. nelsink

nelsink New Member