How To: Stop Automatic updating (on the iPod)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by ScottY_, Jan 16, 2008.

1. ScottY_

ScottY_ New Member

Ok this was originally posted by Tyr0 so thanks to him.

But if you change just your version number, when you connect to iTunes, it does not recognize 1.1.3 as a new firmware (so name it above 1.1.3, for example i have 2.0.0)

So yea if you wish to stop iTunes automatically updating your iPod to 1.1.3 edit that file.

Tyr0's Original post
  2. redgtxdi

redgtxdi New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So is there seriously a chance that iTunes will try to update the firmware automatically???

I've never had iTunes do anything w/o prompting me first.

FWIW, I'm still on 7.5 on two different computers and neither one's tried to make me update. (at least not yet). I have everything set for manual and made sure I "un-ticked" the 'automatically check for updates' box under Preferences.

Assuming that 'automatically check for updates' is checking for both new versions of iTunes *and* new firmware...........does that not stop iTunes from doing so???

(I think iTunes should have 2 boxes to tick or un-tick based on firmware updates *and* iTunes updates so that we know exactly what we're choosing).

Please Register or Log in to view images