[HOW TO] SSH Games downloaded into ipod touch!

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by RenegadeKrogan, Jul 18, 2008.

1. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

How to SSH Games into ipod touch using a bit******* client!

*Warning* I am not responsible for anything that happens to your ipod touch! Doing this is considered illegal so use at own risk! (All roms are considered ilegal unless you own them but it is almost impossible to get caught and in trouble for this. The most you will ever get is a slap on the wrist and a warning...

You will need a SSH client like winscp which you can download from here...

You Need Wi-Fi to do this tutorial!

After downloading Winscp, plug in your ipod touch. Before we can begin you will also need a ROM file. You can download them in bulk from a bit******* site like [PIRACY.tb] or you can download them individually from a ROM site (google search).

You will also need OpenSSH which can be found in all packages in installer.

After you have your ROM(s) we are ready to go.

1. Open winscp. You will see "hostname." You will need to go to settings on your ipod touch then go to Wi-fi and you will see your network. Tap the blue curcle with an arrow pointing right and you will see "IP Address" and there will be a number. That number is your hostname. Put the number exactly as you see it.

For Example...

It would be 10.0.0.4 for me so i would only put in 10.0.0.4

2. By default your username is root and your password is alpine.

3. It may take a while if it is your first time logging in. If it fails to log in then try again and if it does not log in the second time contact me. When you are logged in go to the next step.

4. You will want to be looking at the right side of the screen for the following steps.

5. In The upper-right area you will see a folder with an arrow pointing up and you will want to click it once. You will now be in /private/var area and you will see a folder called mobile. Double click it. You will now see library and media. Open up media. You will probably not have a roms folder so you will want to right click go to new and select new directory.

6. Go to the new folder and right click it and rename it ROMs.

7. Open up the "ROMs" folder and make the following folders for each of the following emulaters.

Sega Genesis- GENESIS
    Gameboy Advance- GBA
    Super Nintendo- SNES
    Nintendo Entertainment System- NES

8. After that is done go to the Rom you downloaded from a site and copy it into the correct folder.

For Example...

pokemon-ruby.gba would go in the GBA folder.

9. After you have done that the game should show up in the emulator on your ipod touch. If it does not then contact me.

10. You probably want to save your GBA games so you will want to go to the upper-left and you will see a black box. Click it and then click okay. You will now want to put this command in where it says enter command....

chmod -R 777 /private/var/mobile/Media/ROMs/GBA
    (this will only work if you have followed my other steps.)

and then click execute. You can now close it.

To see if it worked you will want to open up and gba game on gpSPhone and then click menu while you are playing. It will ask you if you want to save and say yes. Go to saved games and if it is there then you did it correctly.

This way is a lot more confusing then downloading games from installer but it is how you can save games and get pretty much nay game that you want for the ipod touch.

If you still need help then pm me or leave a comment and i will get back to you.

Feedback is appreciated.
  2. jniranjan

jniranjan Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    nice guide, however i knew how to do this already. ask the mods to sticky it so is more accessible to noobs

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Thanks...I am making a bunch of Noob guides.
  4. 34highlighter

34highlighter New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i used to have tons of roms and stuff that i had sshed but i just restored and ssh doesnt work any more "WARNING: REMOTE HOST INFORMATION CHANGED" i want my roms back ='(
  5. tomasfn93

tomasfn93 Member

you are doing a lot of guides thanks!
  6. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Yeap! Let me know if there are any guides you want me to make because i know alot about the ipod and iphone.
  7. nappeh

nappeh New Member

this worked perfect!
    thanks man
  8. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Thanks! I hate it when people get messed up because they do not listen to directions...you listened!
  9. greendy

greendy New Member

How do I get to save SNES games on a Mac though? I can't use WinSCP on my Mac, and I don't know how to do the black box thing in Cyberduck.

Thanks
  10. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Sorry for the delayted reply. I have been really busy. You can find out how to SSh on a mac by going here.