iOS 4.1 [How To Speedup]iPod 2G And iPhone 3G Multitasking And HomeScreen Wallpaper <><><>

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by raffi23, Oct 19, 2010.

1. raffi23

raffi23 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I am not responsible for any wrong perpetrated from you by mistake in this tutorial !!
    iPod 2G And iPhone 3G Users only :
    If you don't know hot enable these featuers just download (features) from cydia

So do You Like Multitasking And HomeScreen Wallpaper ?

Yes, but these two features slowing down your Device like crazy.

I have an suggestion For you :

[1].We are going to remove some shadows to speed up a little bit
    *First SSH to \System\Library\CoreServices\SpringBoard.app
    *Before Deleting these shadows make a copy of them on your iDevice or PC/Mac

-FolderShadowBottom.png
    -FolderShadowBottomNotch.png
    -FolderShadowTop.png
    -FolderShadowTopNotch.png
    -spotlight-full.png
    -spotlight-keyboard.png
    -SwitcherShadowTop.png
    -WallpaperGradientLandscapeBottomT.png
    -WallpaperGradientLandscapeTopT.png
    -WallpaperGradientPortraitBottomT.png
    -WallpaperGradientPortraitTopT.png
    -WallpaperIconDockShadow.png
    -WallpaperIconDockShadowT.png
    -WallpaperIconShadow.png
    -WallpaperIconShadowT.png
    -SBBadgeBGMask.png
    -SBDockMask.png
    -SBDockMask-72.png
    -SwitcherIconShadow.png
    [2].Remove Some LaunchDaemons
    *First SSH to \System\Library\LaunchDaemons

*Before Deleting these LaunchDaemons make a Backup strongly recommended of them on your iDevice or PC/Mac
    Safe to remove:
    -com.apple.DumpPanic.plist - Dumps crashes for evaluation by Apple.
    -com.apple.ReportCrash.(Different Things).plist - There are 5 of these daemons, and they collect data about what caused a crash, what programs were running at the time, etc.
    -com.apple.DumpBasebandCrash.plist - Dumps baseband crashes, which shouldn't happen during normal use. iPod touch users don't even have a baseband.
    -com.apple.CrashHouseKeeping.plist - Also deals with crashes.
    -com.apple.aslmanager.plist - This daemon manages system logs.
    -com.apple.syslogd.plist - Logs system events.
    -com.apple.powerlog.plist - This is used to monitor any incompatibilities with 3rd party chargers.
    - com.apple.stackshot.server.plist - This daemon's function is currently unknown, but removing it has no adverse effects on one's device. Some more information can be found Source), but I don't know what that means, exactly. Removing this daemon has had no adverse effects on my device.
    - com.apple.chud.chum.plist - This daemon is thought to relate to Apple's CHUD (Computer Hardware Understanding Developer) tools. Removing this daemon will have no adverse effects on your device, unless you are a developer.
    -com.apple.chud.pilotfish.plist - This daemon is also thought to relate to Apple's CHUD tools. Removing this daemon will have no adverse effects on your device, unless you are a developer.
    -com.apple.psctl.plist - No definitive information about this daemon is currently available, but it's believed that it deals with connecting external storage devices, possibly a feature coming in new iDevices. It doesn't do anything for now, though, so feel free to delete it. (Source)
    -com.apple.apsd.tcpdump.en0.plist - Logs push notification errors.
    -com.apple.apsd.tcpdump.pdp_ip0.plist - Also believed to log push notification errors
    Conditional Daemons
    -com.apple.storage_mounter.plist - This daemon's function is currently unknown, but it is believed that it deals with a possibly upcoming iOS feature that will allow you to use your iPhone or iPod touch in disk mode. However, for the time being it does nothing and can be safely deleted.
    -com.apple.searchd.plist - Disables Spotlight search if removed. The Spotlight page will still be there, but nothing will show up when you start typing. Disable this daemon if you don't use Spotlight.
    -com.apple.AddressBook.plist - If removed, Contacts in the Phone application will load slightly slower. Disable this if you don't care about that.
    -com.apple.accessoryd.plist - If removed, disables accessories like FM radio transmitters, iPhone docks, and AV cables. Accessories will be able to charge your device, but that is all they will be able to do. Remove this if you don't use any of these accessories.
    -com.apple.apsd.plist - If removed, Push Notifications will no longer work. Disable this if you don't use Push Notifications.
    -com.apple.iapd.plist - Functions like com.apple.accessoryd.plist (Source). My personal guess is that it deals with accessories that also come with companion apps, but don't hold me to that.
    -com.apple.dataaccess.dataaccessd.plist - If removed, contacts will no longer sync via Exchange or Google Sync. Disable this if you don't use those services.
    -com.apple.datamigrator.plist - Used to transfer contacts from SIM card to phone. iPod touch users can delete this.
    -com.apple.racoon.plist - Used for Virtual Private Networks. Disable this daemon if you do not use any VPNs.
    -com.apple.MobileInternetSharing.plist - Used for Internet Tethering. Disable this if you have an iPod touch or if you aren't interested in tethering.
    -com.apple.AOSNotification.plist - This daemon deals with MobileMe syncing. If you do not use the MobileMe service, you can disable this.
    -com.apple.AdminLite.plist - This daemon tries to return control of your device to you if it thinks that you are waiting for a lengthly process to respond. It does this by force-quitting the process, so if you're tired of your apps crashing and you would rather wait a few seconds for them to finish what they're doing, disable this daemon.
    -com.apple.graphicsservices.sample.plist - Thought to have something to do with displaying album artwork. I've deleted it on my iPod and everything still works fine, but some people have encountered problems.
    -com.apple.UIKit.pasteboardd.plist - I believe that this daemon deals with copy/paste. If you don't find yourself using copy/paste, you can disable this daemon.
    -com.apple.mobile.obliteration.plist - This daemon wipes the data partition of your device. (Source) This will be used if you remotely wipe your phone via Exchange, or if you use Settings > General > Reset, or if you set your device to wipe itself after a certain number of failed passcode entries. If you don't use these features, you can delete this daemon.
    -com.apple.scrod.plist - This daemon deals with Voice Control. If you don't use Voice Control, you can delete this daemon.
    -com.apple.VoiceOverTouch - Another Voice Control daemon.
    -com.apple.voiced - Yet another Voice Control daemon.
    -com.apple.mobile.profile_janitor.plist - This daemon apparently deals with provisioning profiles for ad-hoc app distribution. If that doesn't apply to you, or if you have no idea what that is, you can delete this daemon. (Source)
    [3].Download Some tweaks from cydia
    *Pay to Download Tweaks :

-FolderEnhancer
    -MultiCleaner
    *Free to Download Tweaks :
    -Direct Closer
    -RemoveRecents
    [4].If you want white text with shadows Download WinterBoard+icon Shadows from cydia "This will not reduce your speed"
    [5].Don't use more Than 9~12 apps or folders (including dock apps) per page

Here We Finish!!
    Thanks For : [Sarcasm Siempre] for LaunchDaemons trick
    And special thanks for : xXrkidXx

Hope This will help all of you!!
    I
    appreciate if this thread to be sticky
  2. NoMoreRa1n

NoMoreRa1n New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks,

Previously used these two. VERY useful for making wallpapers decent on IPT8GB
  3. raffi23

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    u r welcome
  4. raffi23

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Sorry!! I did not mean that i will put ur name,,i just wanted to put all these tweaks together

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Naveen121

Naveen121 Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Wow, man, thanks!
  6. raffi23

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Welcome
  7. tomasfn93