How to sort photo in ipod touch 2nd gen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shinichi_nguyen, Aug 15, 2009.

1. shinichi_nguyen

shinichi_nguyen Member

Hi,
    First off, I'm using PC and Windows. I dont have a Mac.

I have used quite a lot ipod touch 2nd gen, and there is one thing that I want to know how to do but never actually ask. It's about saving photo. Every time i buy a new ipod touch from someone, i usually see in the photo they have like "Haiwaii trip" and "School" and "Spring break 2009" or "My face." I'd really like to know how to do that?

My first try was put all the photo into a folder, then use itune to sync it. Then all the photos will go to "Photo Library." As far as I know, most photos that are saved from some app will go to "Saved Photo."

SO I want to sort them out, so here is my second try, I create a folder called "My All Photo" then within that folder I make 3 more folders called "My design" "My family" and "Las Vegas trip". After that I put all the photos into those 3 folders and use itune to sync the "My all photo" folder. The result is: I have 3 groups in the ipod named exactly what I want, however, it also save all of the photo from the 3 folder into "Photo Library" group(!!!), which means there is another copy of all the photo in the 3 folder and it takes space!!! Spaces does not really matter but it just annoyed!

Please advise me a way to sort the photo!
  2. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    To get the album names, do this:

Put all the photos that you want in one album into a folder and name the folder that you want your album name to be.

Example: Photos of Hawaiian vacation into a folder called Hawaii Vacation.

Once you have all the folder names what you want your album names to be, go to iTunes.

Click on your iPod, and you will see the Summary page.
    At the top, there are tabs, click Photos.
    Select the folders that you want (I think you might have to do them one at a time)

When they sync, they will all be organized in folders, or (albums)
  3. shinichi_nguyen

shinichi_nguyen Member

No, I tried that one already. If I sync one folder (say I choose folder Hawaii) then the photo will be in the Photo Library, if I do that again on another folder, it will delete all and replace with new ones!
  4. sortshots

sortshots New Member

Why sort through multiple photo albums when you can use tags?
    Check out Sort Shots, which uses the power of tags to quickly sort and organize your photos. You can rate your photos (to sort your favorites to the top quickly) and tag multiple photos at once. Tags can be organized into hierarchical categories as well; the default top level categories are People, Places, and Events.The more photos you have, the more useful this app becomes.