How to setup bluetooth on itouch 2g?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by calebgamb, Aug 28, 2009.

1. calebgamb

calebgamb New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I got an itouch 2g and i want it to connect to my vista, bluetooth compatible laptop. Its also jailbroken on 3.0 and when i connect it to my pc, it finds it. It asks me if i want it to search online for the software (drivers i suppose) and it takes a while then asks for a disk if it came with my purchase. I click on dont have disk or something like that. It says find a solution online , and abort or close or something. It then has a tooltip that says "driver software not successfully installed" and yeah.... Where can i get a driver for it, or how can i get bluetooth to work?!?! Thanks and sorry my english is bad
  2. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Right now you cannot get the hardware to fully interact with other hardware other than iDevices. There are projects that are supposedly working on unlocking Bluetooth so you will have to wait until they release it (if they do)

[Medevil]
    [roqyBluetooth] (can't seem to find the link

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Bluetooth only works for some games as of now and a2dp and stereo bluetooth headphones. Like Dark stated some groups have been working on unlocking it for a while and hopefully Apple just does it.
  4. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The bluetooth on the iPod touch 2G is meant for stereo bluetooth headphones, or wireless headphones. It's used strictly for listening to music.

For your "driver problem", you need to have iTunes installed.
    iTunes contains the neccasary drivers to install your iPod touch.

So download iTunes from here, and after youre done installing it and setting it up, plug in your iPod.

It should automatically install the drivers.