How to set up Streaming Webcam that can be used w/ iPod Touch

Discussion in 'Mobile Web Development' started by moomood256, Dec 30, 2007.

1. moomood256

moomood256 New Member

I'm trying to set up a web Cam that I can use with my iPod Touch that my girlfriend is borrowing. (she's in Florida, I'm in Ohio) I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to do so. I understand the whole no flash thing which is why I haven't gotten this working already, any help would be appreciated. I have the 16GB jailbroken 1.1.2 iPod Touch
  2. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hmm U just have to get webspace, then make the cam making a photo every XY minutes and let it upload that picture on the webspace. after that u could just make a page where the picture will be shown... (in smaller size to fit with ipod's screen)...

I don't know how to do this but a little google searching should give u all informations.
  3. nathan42100

nathan42100 New Member

I would assume that you would have javascript just keep updating the image, but keep in mind the quality will have to be pretty crappy assuming you want roughly a pic every 10 secs or less (upload, and download times)
  4. moomood256

moomood256 New Member

So it wouldn't be possible to use quicktime's streaming standards?
  5. golddiggerpro

golddiggerpro New Member

I have got a streaming webcam up and running!

I have already acheived this, over the internet, so it doesnt matter what firmware you are on.

Visit this site: http://www.mobiscope.com/download/?device=phone

Download the 'Mobiscope Desktop'.

Once installed, register a password.

On the ipod/iphone visit this sit: http://mobiscope.com/mobiphone

On this website, input the computer name that is provided by the mobiscope desktop app, and the password you created.

Once logged in, you should get a streaming webcam of the webcam attached to the computer with mobiscope desktop!

--

I had been researching this too, if you have any questions, feel free to ask away!!!

(btw: download the java mobiscope desktop, and it should be free forever!)